Best Practices to Clean Linen-look Porcelain Tile without Streaksby Philip Smith Inbound Marketing Manager
Linen-look porcelain tiles are truly luxury. They help create a up level elegance in your indoors, specifically in living room, bedroom, and bathroom. You can best use these tiles for flooring of these indoor spaces. However, you also have opportunities to install them on your walls.
The Cleaning Challenge
Most people do clean their floors, but they complain that it leaves unsightly streaks and unpleasant odor afterwards. Fabric- or linen-look tiles are delicate tiles that need to be cleaned and maintained carefully. But cleaning is not that difficult for sure.
- If you clean your linen-look porcelain floors the right way, you will be able to shine your floors without leaving streaks behind. Here are some of the best practices to ease your job –
- Vacuum your tile surface routinely. The idea is to remove dust and debris off the floor and wall tile.
- Mix 1part liquid detergent in 4 parts of lukewarm water. Mix it well. Use this solution to wipe the floor surface. Clean the mop, rag or cloth piece with clean water multiple times. Wring the mop well, before dipping it into the solution again.
- Let the floor dry.
- Once the tile surface is dry, rub it with clean dry cloth following circular motion. This will zero down the chances of streaks on the surface.
For Deeper Cleaning
- Use brush attachment with vacuum cleaner. Rub over the grout lines to remove sticky dirt and dust particles from the surface. This way, you will be removing most, if not all, of the dirt from the floor and wall surface.
- Apparently, it is the dust and dirt that cause streaks on tile surface after cleaning. When there is no dust, there will be no streaks.
- You can also use vinegar-water solution to enhance the shine and the effect of cleaning. The ratio should be: 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and 1 gallon of water. You could also use hot or lukewarm water for cleaning.
Created on Mar 31st 2020 00:27. Viewed 244 times.