Autism Disorder - Ayurvedic herbs, Treatment, Panchakarma & Dietby Vaidya Karanvir Singh M.D. (AYU.) PANCHAKARMA, FAGE
Autism also called autism spectrum disorder, is a type of development disorder mainly occurs in children which lead to several difficulties. On the other hand, it may even occur in other people affecting their overall lives. The symptoms of autism may vary from one person to another person thereby resulting in various problems. It requires special attention in order to improve the conditions effectively. Even though the exact causes of autism are not known, the medical experts believe that hereditary factors play an important role in influencing the symptoms to a greater extent. The treatments vary depending on the conditions of a patient which help to achieve better results.
Causes of Autism
A number of factors have been suspected in autism disorder and they are not proven by physicians. Some of them include
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Sensitivity of vaccines
- Mercury poisoning
- Changes in digestive track
- Body’s inability to use vitamins and minerals
Symptoms of Autism
Autism may result in the following symptoms.
- Lack of social skills
- Difficulty in learning
- Communication problems
- Cognital and intellectual deficits
- Changes in behavioral patterns
- Mental retardation
Ayurveda's Approach Towards Autism
Ayurveda is a holistic Indian medical system which offers solutions to a variety of disorders with herbal plants and other approaches thereby showing ways for achieving the best results.
Autism is a set of neuro-development disorder that causes major discomforts in life. Ayurveda believes that the major cause is due to poor metabolism and provides methods for improving conditions effectively. In addition, it eve aims at removing toxins from body thereby showing ways for increasing the quality of life to a greater extent.
Most Ayurvedic physicians will diagnose the conditions of autism disorders before organizing a treatment procedure. Some even develop an exclusive program for the patients to recover from symptoms with high success rates.
Another thing is that they give more importance to diet habits of a child and others with special attention to accomplish goals in life. Apart from that, they focus more on promoting digestive tracts and functions of brain after evaluating the problems.
Ayurveda Treatments for Autism Disorder
Ayurveda treatments recommend herbal plants for promoting the wellness of autism disorders efficiently to lead a problem less life.
- Brahmi: Brahmi is a powerful herbal plant that helps to increase the memory power of children, adults, and others who have autism symptoms. Another thing is that it makes feasible ways for managing deficit disorders by addressing essential needs.
- Shatavari: Shatavari is the most used herbal plant in Ayurveda treatments that contribute more to improve the digestive system. It works well for autistic children to undergo major changes.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an effective herbal plant that offers solutions for memory loss, anxiety, and attention deficit disorders. The supplements are available in powder, capsule, and table forms which pave ways for gaining more benefits.
- Shankhapushpi: Shamkhapushpi herbal plant is mainly meant for improvising the memory and learning abilities of autistic children to minimize unwanted symptoms.
- Mandukparni: Mandukparni herbal plant is a suitable one for augmenting memory levels by protecting brain from damages. Besides that, it allows to reduce the neurological disorders significantly.
- Amalaki: Amalaki herb is a great support for mind enhancement enabling patients to recover from autism symptoms.
- Guduchi: Guduchi is one of the most valued herbs in Ayurveda which give ways for reducing the anxiety associated with autism. The herbal plant is a perfect choice for protecting liver from toxins. It even paves ways for keeping overall health in a good condition.
The following herbs are widely used in autism treatments letting patients restore their conditions.
Panchakarma for Autism Treatment
Panchakarma is a cleansing and rejuvenation program in Ayurveda that helps to remove toxins from the body enabling patients to witness desired outcomes. It involves different procedures that show ways for restoring the conditions.
- Pinda sweda
Diet for Autistic Children
It is necessary to follow a right diet plan for children who suffer from autism symptoms which include:
- Cow’s milk
- Green leafy vegetables
- Foods that are rich in fats
Autism children should avoid the intake of junk foods, oily foods, spicy foods, cool drinks, and other foods after consulting with a physician.
Created on Feb 16th 2018 12:09. Viewed 121 times.