All about V-Blocksby Barkha Pahuja SEO/Writer
V-Blocks are generally used in the milling or drilling operations for the purpose of holding round metallic pipes or rods. It is a kind of accuracy metalworking tool. These consist of cast iron blocks or rectangular steel blocks which are having a 90° channel that can be rotated through 45° from all sides. It forms a V-shaped new channel on the top. Again at the bottom, another channel is cut in V shape. The V-blocks are often available with attached screw clamps that can hold the work.
For magnetic work-holding, internal magnets can be used in the V-blocks. All versions of V-blocks are generally bought in pairs.
Definition of V-blocks:
So, after the discussion regarding v-blocks, it can be defined as a tool structure that is having true V grooves and slots. For the further machining works, v-blocks are used to hold different types of cylindrical objects in their individual places. This helps in marking the centers.
Construction of V-Blocks:
• Generally made up with cast iron. All of its faces are truly machined, i.e. the parallelism and flatness between any two faces and the angle between them are true values.
• Commonly the angle remains between them is 90°. But v-blocks with 120° angle between the faces are also available.
• Grooved-shaped v-blocks are also available.
• V-blocks contain U-shaped clamps which are attached with clamp screws.
• Rectangular slots are provided on the faces, which help the v-block to engage U-clamp with it.
• Such U-clamps are not necessary for the magnetic v-blocks.
• A control button is used for managing the magnetic forces.
• Grade-A and B, these two V-blocks are available depending upon the flatness accuracy.
Uses of V-Block:
• V-blocks are used with the surface gauge to mark centrelines which are required to hold any kind of cylindrical objects.
• It holds the rectangular job piece vertically at 45° angle.
• It acts as a support to hold any kind of cylindrical bars parallely.
• V-blocks can also be used for checking the roundness of any cylindrical objects.
V-Blocks are generally made up of cast iron, so there is a chance of rusting, therefore prevention is necessary. For basic accuracy, a periodical measurement should be done.
All the recognized manufacturers of this country are well trained in producing supreme quality v-blocks. They follow all the national and international quality standards to satisfy their clients with their products.
Thus, v-blocks can easily be used for several drilling and milling operations.
Created on Dec 26th 2018 06:13. Viewed 140 times.