Do you also own an iPhone or iPad that you share with your kids? And as a guardian, you possibly want to guarantee a safe web surfing for them. Well, there is a way to do that. If you have just bought a new iPhone that you share with the younger ones in your family, then it is possible that you might not be aware of the procedure to set up parental controls on your device. If that is the situation, then you have got us now. Here, we are going to provide you with the methods through which you can set up parental controls on your Apple devices. So, go on and keep reading the article to know more.
The Procedure to Set up Parental Controls on iPhone, iPad and Mac Computer
Any of the Apple device users can easily set up parental controls on their devices. When you enable this setting on your devices, it allows you to control which apps, features, or content your kids can access. The following task involves a proper procedure in which you will need to follow some simple steps. The steps are pretty easy to go through and will complete your task within no time. But, before going through the process of turning anything specific off, you need to make sure to enable the restrictions in your device’s settings. In the procedure, firstly, you will set a passcode that will prevent the kids from turning anything on. You can enable the restrictions according to your child’s age and temperament. So, here’s what you need to do to activate the parental control settings on your Apple devices. Have a look at the below-mentioned methods:
The Steps to Set Up Parental Control on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
If you want to set up the parental control settings on your iPhone or iPad, then you will need to follow the steps as mentioned below:
- To enable the setting, you will need to use your device’s Screen Time feature. It is a built-in feature that you will find on every iOS device. And along with that, it tracks your screen time and locks the usage for the app after reaching a set amount of time. So, firstly, turn on the Screen Time feature on your device. For that, go to the “Settings” of your device.
- And now, after this, scroll down through your screen and select the option of “Screen Time”.
- And then, you will have to tap on the option of “Turn on Screen Time”.
- And select your device by tapping on “This is my iPhone/iPad”.
- At last, set the time limit you want your child’s iPhone or iPad to be offline. And now, go to the App Limit page, set a time limit for how long your kid can use any apps. And then create a passcode and make sure not to share it with your kids.
Setting Up Parental Controls on a Mac
If you want to set up parental controls for your kids on a Mac computer, here’s how you can do that:
- On your Mac computer, begin the procedure by opening “System Preferences” on your computer.
- And then, click on the “Screen Time” option. And while doing this, you need to make sure that your name is selected in the drop-down menu that you can see placed below your user profile photo.
- After this, go to the “Options” placed in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- And finally, click on “Turn On”. And that’s it. You have successfully enabled the parental control setting on your Mac computer.
So, with these procedures, you can activate the parental control setting on your Apple devices. This is a significant step that every guardian should take for their kid’s online safety. Try these steps now and in case, if you face any problems, then please let us know. And to get more information like this, follow our website.
Source : https://thetrustblog.com/a-guide-to-set-up-parental-controls-on-an-iphone-and-ipad/