7 Ways to Prevent HIV and How to Get Tested for HIVby STD Express Clinic Doctor
An effective way to prevent getting an HIV infection is to practice abstinence. Don’t have sex and you won’t get HIV/AIDS. Well, it may not be possible for everybody to stay away from sex the whole life. Besides, if you want to marry and have kids, you can’t be abstinent.
So, what’s the best way to prevent HIV?
HIV/AIDS affects millions of males and females across the world. However, having HIV does not mean the end of the world. With appropriate and timely treatment, you can live a healthier life and have good sexual relations without spreading the infection to others.
If you think you may be infected and are wondering how to get tested for HIV, simply walk in a STD clinic. They conduct discreet testing and treatment. You can talk to the doctor and discuss your doubt with them without feeling embarrassed.
Here are ways to prevent HIV for sexually active people:
- Practice monogamy. Having multiple sex partners increases your risk of contracting HIV. The virus shows no symptoms for several years, so you may think your partner is healthy, but he/she might be carrying the virus.
- Have safe sex. Always use a condom. Even if a person has HIV, he/she can avoid spreading the infection to their sex partner with the use of condoms. Two HIV-positive people can decrease transmission of multiple HIV strain to each other by the consistent use of condoms.
- Undergo HIV screening when you become sexually active. Screening helps to prevent HIV complications. It can even save your life. A typical STD clinic conducts discreet testing, so you need not be embarrassed. Also ask your partner to get tested.
- Check your lifestyle habits. Do you often have unprotected sex with multiple partners? Do you share needles? These are risky behaviors that can get you infected. Change your habits; save your life.
- Educate yourselves in mattes of sexual health. Know more about HIV/AIDS. Ignorance, half-information, and wrong information can be hazardous. Talk to a doctor instead of talking with friends.
- Use microbicides formulated for STDs. They kill infection-causing microbes. You can get them in the form of pills, sprays, creams, and gels. They protect you from STDs in case of condom leakage or breakage. Please consult your doctor before using the formulations in any form.
- If you are pregnant, test yourselves for HIV and get treatment, if needed, to prevent your baby from getting infected.
So, if you are wondering how to get tested for HIV, just walk in a STD clinic and talk to the doctor.
Created on Feb 1st 2020 06:10. Viewed 249 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.