10 Ways How Avocado Can Benefit Your Overall Health and Skinby Manoj Vijay SEO Manager At Xerve
Avocados are one of the most wondrous fruit with amazing health
benefits. Unlike other fruits which are high on carbs, avocados are rich in
healthy fats. It is creamy, delicious and super healthy. You can top it on your
toast or drink it as a smoothie. How can we forget the finger licking good
guacamole? Well, no matter how you consume, it is sure to shower you with
nothing but only good health benefits.
We have collated a list of 10 benefits of Avocado. Read through to know more.
1. Boosts vision – Avocados are a great source of lutein and zeaxanthin and these are known to be the powerful carotenoids that aids in eye health. It also prevents cataracts, macular degeneration, and other eye diseases. Including avocados in the daily diet increases the absorption of carotenoids. It is also rich in Vitamin E which is yet another essential antioxidant for eye health.
2. Improves Bone health – Avocados contain boron a mineral which increases the calcium absorption to benefit bones. It is also loaded with Vitamin K which plays a major role in bone health. The other nutrients present help in bone formation and provide osteoprotective benefits. The monosaturated fats in this fruit make it beneficial in treating arthritis too.
3. Aids in weight loss – Those who are aiming to shed the extra kilos can binge on Avocados. The monosaturated fatty acids and dietary fiber present in Avocados lessens the risk of metabolic syndrome. This, in turn, reduces the risk of obesity and delivers positive results in maintaining BMI and overall body weight.
4. Promotes heart health – Avocados are a great source of HDL cholesterol and this contributes to good heart health. Regular consumption of Avocados can lower LDL cholesterol and cut the risk of cardiovascular diseases. This amazing fruit also consists of potassium which helps in regulating blood pressure levels.
You can purchase perfectly ripen Avocados on bigbasket. The fresh supply and on-time delivery make it the best grocery website in India.
Related: Check Out the Bigbasket offers today
5. Fights against Cancer – Avocados contain avocation B which fight against deadly forms of leukemia. Studies have revealed that an avocado inhibited the growth of prostate cancer cells. The phytochemicals in avocado are mainly responsible for treating various types of cancers like esophageal cancer, colon cancer, etc.
6. Delays skin aging – Avocados are rich in essential fatty acids and these are effective in delaying skin aging. It also prevents wrinkle formation by firming the skin. Intake of Avocado oil may boost total collagen content in the skin. Thus, Avocados are used in a lot of beauty products to promote youthful skin.
7. Treats Psoriasis – Avocado oil is known to be effective in treating Psoriasis. Vitamin B12 creams with avocado oil seem to work wonders for Psoriasis. The main contributor is the monosaturated fatty acids which are powerful enough to fight inflammation. This aids in treating psoriasis altogether.
8. Regulates blood sugar levels – Avocados are super rich in fiber and this makes it an amazing food for diabetes. The rich fiber lowers blood sugar levels in diabetes patients. The essential fatty acids slow down the absorption of sugar in the bloodstream. Thus, it is greatly advised to intake avocados regularly to control diabetes.
9. Prevents bad breath – Avocados contain flavonoids and this fights against fungal and bacterial overgrowth in the mouth. This helps in preventing bad breath. It also stops the problems of mouth ulcers. So, make sure to gulp in a glass of Avocado smoothie every morning to breath fresh.
10. Improves hair health – Avocados are rich in Vitamin E and this helps in strengthening and promoting hair growth. It also repairs any hair damage and promotes scalp health. Avocados are also an excellent source of folic acid and this helps in gaining lustrous locks.
So, what are you waiting for? Pick fresh Avocados from bigbasket with best Bigbasket Offers and make it a part of your morning breakfast. It not just tastes best but also does a lot good for your health.
Created on Apr 10th 2019 06:07. Viewed 879 times.