What is IIT-Jee Main Exam?by Robert Jee Digital Marketer
The National Testing Agency is the main conducting body of the Exam. The Exam is held online and comprisr of two papers- Paper I and II. The Paper I is for B. Tech and B.E Admissions and Paper II is for B. Arch/B. Planning. Earlier the Exam was conducted by CBSE. Candidates who qualify the JEE Main will be eligible to appear JEE Advanced. The Admit Card will be available in 17th December for January scheduled exam. In this article, we have provided necessary details about the JEE Exam.
Eligibility Criteria of JEE Exam
The eleigibility criteria of the candidates for the exam is as follows-
1. Candidates must have born on or after 1st October 1993. Reserved candidates are given a releaxation of 5 years.
2. The minimum qualifying marks for Admissions in IITs, NITs, IIITs, GFTIs is 75% for General Category and 65% for Reserved Category.
3. Candidates passing after 2015 or appearing in 2019 are also eligible.
4. Total Number of Attempts for General Category candidates is three (3).
5. Candidates having more than 40% of Physical Disability will be provided a Scribe/ Reader as per the request of the candidate.
Important Dates of the JEE Exam
January 2019 Schedule
April 2019 Session
Release of Notiifcation
Availabilty of the Application Form
1st to 30th September 2018
8th February 2019 to 7th March 2019
8th to 14th October 2018
Issue of JEE Admit Card
17th December 2018
18th March 2019
6th to 20th January 2019
6th April to 20th April 2019
31st January 2019
30th April 2019
Announcement of Top Candidates
Declaration of JEE Main All India Ranks
Application Form of JEE Exam
The steps to fill in the application form is as follows-
1. Candidates have to do the registration process through Aadhaar Number.
2. Fill the Application form correctly to avoid rejection of the application form.
3. Do the verfication of the mobile number and e-mail id.
4. Upload Images as per the specifications.
5. Make the fee payment
6. Do the slot Booking
7. Take the print out of the Acknowledgement Form
Paper I and II (Both)
Paper I and II (both)
Those whose exam center is in India
Those whose exam center is outside India
Offline Modes (Paper and Pen Based)
Online Modes (Computer Based)
General and OBCs
The JEE Main Admit Card will be available online on the official website. The Admit Card is issued only to those candidates who have successfully submitted their application form. Candidates can download the admit card by entering Application Number, Date of Birth, and Security Pin. The Admit Card of JEE Main will contain all the details of the candidate and the exam.
The Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2019 is as follows-
1. Paper I will contain questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and Paper II will contain questions from Aptitude Test, Mathematics, and Drawing.
2. The Format of the Questions will be Objective Type and For Paper II- Drawing Questions will be available.
3. The Medium of the Exam is English, Hindi and other regional languages.
4. Total Marks of Paper I is 360 marks and Paper II is 390 marks
5. Time Duration of the Exam- 3 Hours.
6. Each Question carries 4 marks for every wrong answer 1/3rd marks will be deducted and 70 marks for 2 Drawing Questions.
Created on Nov 27th 2018 06:40. Viewed 191 times.