What are the steps to reset a Belkin router?by WILSON TYRELL Tech support
If your Belkin router is not working as expected then resetting is one of the helpful workaround that you should try at first. Once you reset your Belkin router, all the settings and configurations will get removed and you have to setup your device once again. So, before resetting it is advised to secure a backup file of your Belkin router’s settings. Because if you have the backup then there will be no need to manually setup the configuration of your router. In this blog, we have discussed what are the steps needed to follow to reset Belkin router or take Belkin Technical Support.
Reset Belkin router using reset button -
1. First of all, you need to locate the reset button on your Belkin router. Generally, the button is located on the back of Belkin router and also labeled as “Reset”.
2. Push the “Reset” button and hold it in the same position for a few moments. Now Belkin router’s light will flash and the Power light will change from solid to blinking. The moment when Power light stops blinking and becomes solid green you should understand that reset process is complete.
3. Now, push the Reset button hold it for 10 seconds. Now, “Restore to Factory Defaults” process will start.
4. Again, your router’s light will flash and Power light will change from solid to blinking. At that moment when Power light stops blinking and becomes solid, you should understand that your Belkin router is fully restored to factory defaults.
User interface -
1. To access Belkin router’s web interface, type “192.168.2.1” in the address bar.
2. Then click on Login button and type the router’s password in the applicable field. Once you do that, click on Submit button.
3. Now, you have to open Utilities window. For this, just click on Utilities tab.
4. From the list of options, choose the option “Restart router”. Then click on OK to confirm that you want to restart the router. Now your Belkin router will restart and user interface will automatically display on the screen when the reset process gets complete.
5. Go to Utilities window and then choose the option “Restore Factory Defaults” so that router’s settings will get restored to factory defaults.
6. Then tap on “Restore Defaults” button and hit OK.
7. Now restore process will start and when the Belkin router is restored to factory defaults, router’s user interface will reappear on the screen.
Belkin Technical Support Number is waiting for your call!
Are you miffed with Belkin router problems? Why to worry when we are providing you an opportunity to speak our experts and get assistance at any time. All you need to do is give us a call at Belkin customer support Number any time of day and receive perfect Belkin Technical Assistance. Our experts are 24 hrs available in your service so that you can receive instant Belkin Router Help. Users can also immediately connect us through Belkin Live Chat Support. So, feel free to contact us at any time and receive quality solutions.
Created on Jul 4th 2018 07:23. Viewed 115 times.