Useful Properties and Applications of Ethylene Glycol in different Industriesby Sanjeev Yadav SEO There are uncountable numbers of chemical compounds which make our lives easier. Ethylene glycol is one such carbon compound. It is also called ethane-1, 2-diol. It is considered the simplest form of glycol which is an alcohol . Glycol has two hydroxyl groups. Its popular name ethylene glycol denotes “the glycol derived from ethylene .”
Characteristics of ethylene glycol
Ethylene glycol has many characteristics which help in recognizing it. Find here some.
· It is a clear, sweet, slightly viscous liquid
· Its freezing temperature decreases when mixed with water
· Ethylene glycol boils at 198 °C (388.4 °F)
Is ethylene glycol harmful?
Ethylene glycol is highly poisonous for both; animals or humans. If you drink the solution accidentally, you will become very ill and may die soon.
Uses of ethylene glycol in various Industries
Ethylene Glycol is used at a large scale in various industries due to its exclusive properties.
· Uses of ethylene glycol in automobile industry
Ethylene Glycol is used as automotive antifreeze in the automobile industry. It works as a coolant in automotive radiators.Ethylene glycol keeps the engine of vehicles from freezing in the winter. It acts as a coolant to reduce overheating in the summer as well.
· In paint manufacturing industry
Ethylene glycol is used as an ingredient in hydraulic fluids. So, it is used as printinginks , and paint solvents in Paint Manufacturing Industry.
· In textile industry
This compound is used in textile industry as a reagent in making polyesters , explosives , alkyd resins , and synthetic waxes .
· Some other common applications
It is used as coolants for gas compressors, heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems, and ice skating rinks.
Uses of Ethylene glycol as a raw material
· It is used as a raw material in the production of a wide range of products.
· It is used in making polyester fibers for clothes, upholstery, carpet, and pillows
· In making fiberglass for jet skis, bathtubs, and bowling balls
· Polyethylene Terephthalate resin used in packaging film and bottles
Many of these products are energy saving and cost efficient as well as recyclable.Further processing of this compound leads to many derivatives that are used as additives in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
If you are planning to import ethylene glycol, then you can contact the reputed ethylene exporters for the following reasons
· They have valid export License for the export of Ethylene Glycol.
· They will assure you full cooperation until the delivery of the Ethylene Glycol in all legal processing.
· They have a wide reach of exporting the compound
Created on Jun 6th 2018 04:52. Viewed 124 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.