Understanding liquid filling machinesby Aesha Ahuja Pharma Machinery Manufacturers
Although not a lot of people talk about packaging one cannot ignore its importance in industries. Liquid filling machine is one such product that is sought after in beverage, food, restaurant, pharmaceutical and other industries.
What exactly is a liquid filling machine?
Also known as a liquid packaging machine or flow filling machine, it is used to fill products with different liquid viscosities into containers either through quantitative or volumetric filling. They are able to handle various textures, from water like to very thick ones. There is no single type of filler that can handle all kinds of liquids, you have to use a specific one for each. Also, no one filler can be used for multiple purposes. To choose the appropriate liquid filler machine for your manufacturing industry, these are the factors that you must keep in mind:
· The viscosity of the liquid, characteristics of the foam and size of the particulates present in the product
· Chemical compatibility of your containers and product
· Temperature of the surroundings
· Considerations of hazards
How does a liquid filling machine actually work?
Different types of machines have different working styles, but their principle remains the same. Depending on the number of filling nozzles a single machine has, bottles are set up, connected to the pump. The speed and pace can be set and accordingly, the machine will automatically fill each container.
For fully automatic liquid filling machines, the containers are placed on a power conveyer belt that takes them to the filling station. The nozzle, which is connected to a cylinder or tank, dispenses liquid into each bottle on the basis of volume or quantity, depending on what type of machine it is. Once these bottles are filled, they move further on the belt on to the next process, which is usually capping.
In semi-automatic liquid filling machines, the conveyer is absent. Thus, there has to be an operator present who manually places bottle underneath the nozzle, fills the container by a click of a button or a switch and then puts it away for capping.
There are also completely manual liquid filling machines that are handled entirely by hand. They usually don’t require a power source to work.
Why should you actually buy a liquid filling machine?
1. Consistent and reliable fills: An automatic filler takes away the uncertainty of human error, each bottle will be uniform, and you can be assured that the work is done.
2. Versatility: A single machine, if customized properly, can perform all bottle filling processes for a company.
3. Growth potential: A machine once bought can always be customized to accommodate more than one need.
4. Ease of use: every machine comes with an interface and an instruction manual that is easy to follow.
5. Speed: anything automatic is quicker and faster than manual work. It also reduces the cost and effort of labor.
What are some things you should keep in mind before buying a liquid filling machine?
· Be specific about the kind of liquid that you will be using. It makes all the difference and as mentioned above, the machine is not adaptable to different kinds of liquids.
· Consider your liquid product’s specific characteristics. There are a few whose viscosity changes with a change in temperature and others which develop particulates under certain conditions.
· Keep in mind the container that you want to use. As mentioned earlier, they need to be consistent with the machine. also, that will help you in deciding what sort of machine you should actually purchase.
· Know your exact production requirements. For instance, you may or may not need a zero hold up filter press.
Created on Feb 27th 2020 06:56. Viewed 233 times.