The Cost of Developing a Food Delivery App
by Sachleen Singh valueappz
When you plan to build a food delivery app, probably the first thing that comes to your mind is, “How much will it cost?’ and yes, considering the cost is without a doubt one of the first steps towards the development process. Discover the food delivery app development cost and what factors affect it with this blog.
Are you considering building a food delivery app? The cost of development is one of the primary considerations that every startup has to keep in mind. The cost of the app also depends on the food delivery app development company you choose and the features you want to include in it.
But how do you calculate the exact cost for development and plan your budget accordingly? This blog will give you complete insights into the cost of building a food delivery app and what factors affect it.
Let us dive into the text to see the rising demand for food delivery apps and how you can leverage this trend to create a successful food delivery app.
Is the Demand for Food Delivery Apps on the Rise?
Even though several on-demand solutions are available for food lovers, the demand for such platforms is still rising. People often ask, “Are food delivery apps profitable?” Let’s look at some interesting stats to know where the future is headed.
- The number of users in the food delivery industry is expected to reach 2644.2 million by 2027.
- The revenue of on-demand food delivery apps is projected to reach US$1.45 trillion by 2027, with an annual growth rate of 12.33%.
- The entire food delivery app industry is expected to reach $165 billion market size by 2029.
- Did you know China’s meal delivery market is worth $42.5 billion? It’s true! And what’s even more interesting is that the two most prominent players in this market – Meituan and Ele.me – control over 90% of food delivery in the country. But wait, there’s more! According to projections, China is expected to generate the most worldwide revenue in the coming years, with a staggering $395.9 billion expected in 2023! That’s a lot of delicious food being delivered to people’s doorsteps – Data Source.
Now that we have looked at the stats related to the food delivery industry, let’s dive deeper into the cost breakdown of developing a food delivery app.
Breakdown of Food Delivery App Development Cost
To answer it quickly, the cost of making a food delivery app ranges between $15,000 and $60,000. Firstly, the complete food delivery business involves four apps.
Every app would require a step-by-step development process that includes designing, development, testing, and fixing. It is also true for a food app. The table below represents the hours needed and the basic cost calculation for it.
|Front-end and back-end development
1. Customer App
Approximate development time- 600-900 hours.
A customer app will help your target audience connect with local restaurants and place an order. The app’s functionality should be such that it lets the users easily search their restaurants and dishes, place the order, and track the order.
Must-have features in the customer app:
- Hassle-free registration via social media
- User profile
- Restaurant/dish search
- Placing the order
- Quick payment
- Real-time order tracking
- Customizing order
- In-app messaging
- Ratings and reviews
2. Vendor App
Approximate development time- 700-900 hours.
The vendor app will be used by the restaurants that have been registered to your app. The app functionality should allow them to upload food photos, videos, and complete outlet information so that they can attract buyers.
Must-have features in the vendor app:
- Admin dashboard
- Easy registration
- Content management
- Order management
- Upload food menus
- Manage payouts
- Manage several locations
3. Delivery Agent App
Approximate development time- 500-800 hours.
The third app you would need in the on-demand food business is for delivery guys. This particular app will help them know the restaurant’s and customer’s precise location so that they can pick up and deliver the order.
Must-have features in the delivery agent app:
- Get approval from the admin
- Receive order
- Accept/reject order request
- Complete booking and earn more
- View total earning
4. Admin App
Approximate development time- 400-500 hours.
Admin is the main person behind the app, so the admin app should include everything from managing orders to food deliveries, customer engagement, stores, and so on.
Must-have features in the admin app:
- Manage user, delivery, and merchant
- Restaurant location management
- Promote offers and discounts by advertisement
- Manage transaction
- Backup and restore option
- Application security
- History and notification
- Area-wise map location
- Manage claim restaurant
- Refund/order cancellation
It must be noted that the food delivery mobile app cost mentioned above is not fixed. It can vary based on factors like design, time required, and features, to mention a few.
The section below explains in detail about the factors that influence the food delivery application cost.
Created on Nov 29th 2023 00:47. Viewed 58 times.