Solve HP Printer Driver Unknown Installation Errorby Jone Smith Printer Repair Support
HP printers are the most liked printers across the world. Because they are well-equipped, works with latest technology and updates and are highly durable. But since it is a machine it will stop working anytime. The reason behind your printer can be many such as – paper jamming, empty ink or toner cartridge, wrong printer drives installation, loose connecting wires, etc.
Today, in this article we are going to help you resolve the most common error of HP printers that is – HP printer driver unknown installation error.
By reading this full article you will learn new ways to resolve your issues. And in case you are not at ease using them you can contact the Printer Repair in California. Or you may dial a toll-free number +1(877) 894-5316.
Without wasting your time let’s move forward:
Step one: You have to uninstall the Printer Driver and Software –
· First, you have to disconnect the USB from your computer.
· Now, insert the CD of printer software into your computer.
· You will notice that a prompt to uninstall the software is displayed on the screen. All you have to do is to follow all the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.
· Now, restart your computer.
Step two: Turn off Other Background Program and the Terminate and Stay Resident (TSR) -
Now, you should turn on your computer. Once it is on a software group TSR – Terminate and Stay Resident will load automatically. These programs are important to activate the computer utilities but are not required to complete any other functionality of the computer. And sometimes, TSRs avoid the printer software from being load so as to stop its installing.
· The very first step is that you have to click on the start button and the click on run.
· You will notice that a run window is open.
· Now, you have to type msconfig and click ok. The MSCONFIG utility window opens.
· Click on the general tab.
· And select the startup.
· Tick marks the next to load startup items. Click the check mark to remove it.
· If you are using Windows XP systems only – click the services tab and place a check mark in the hide all Microsoft services box.
· Now, select disable all option.
· Click on apply button and then clicks on close it.
· Now, restart your computer.
· You have to unplug your USB printer cable and reinstall.
Now, you have to unplug your USB printer cable and reinstall it.
(NOTE: Above written instructions are not applicable to Windows 2000. The reason is that MSCONFIG utility written in step 2 does not exist in Windows 2000.)
Step three: Install the Product Software -
Here we have mentioned two ways for installing the product software. If the product software CD is not available, HP recommends downloading and installing the product software from the official website of HP.
Method one: Install the Product Software from the CD –
· Remove the CD from your computer and re-insert it in the CD drive of your computer.
· And, if software installation does not start immediately then follow the below written steps:
· Click start and then click run.
· The run window will open.
· Now, type D:\setup.exe, where D is the letter of the CD-ROM drive.
Now, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation.
Method two: Download the software from official website of HP –
· Open the official website of HP.
· Click on the software and driver download option.
· Enter your model number in the given search box.
· Select the operating system of your computer to which your device is already connected.
· You have to now click on the download software to start the software installation process.
· Now, carefully follow all the on-screen instructions to install the software.
Step four: Use the MSCONFIG Utility to Enable the Startup Software –
· Open the run window.
· Type MSCONFIG and click on the MSCONFIG utility.
· On the general tab select normal startup to automatically enable the next time when your PC starts. In Windows XP, click the services tab and select enable all.
· Now, click on apply button and then click close button.
· Restart your computer to apply all the changes you have made this far in your computer.
We hope your HP printer installation error has been removed by now. IBut, in case you still face this issue, you can dial the toll-free number - +1(877) 894-5316. You can also search for HP Printer Repair near me in your web browser using phone, laptop, computer, tablet, or MAC.
Created on Jan 7th 2021 15:05. Viewed 301 times.