Six DIY Office Exterior Painting Tips You Should Knowby Concord Painting NYC Commercial Painting Company
With the summer season drawing near, painting the exteriors of your office building can become a difficult job due to various factors, such as heat, humidity, and rain. However, with the proper guidance, you should be able to do it with [relative] ease.
Though it makes sense to hire reputed and reliable exterior painting services in NYC, the following pointers should help you make the most of your DIY office exterior painting:
- Surface preparation is one of the most critical steps when painting in summer—perhaps even more important than applying the final finishing coat. So make sure you prep and clean the exterior surface first. Any shortcuts taken here can lead to costly mistakes, so be extra careful.
- Closely inspect and seal all the cracks or gaps in the walls' surface using caulk or sealant.
- This one is a no-brainer—only use high-quality paints and painting materials. They might be more expensive at first, but they will save you a small fortune in the long run.
- In the hot and humid NYC summer season, double the dry time before applying the second coat of paint. If you paint too soon, the first coat may peel off.
- Check the weather forecast regularly to ensure that there will be no downpour during your painting session, as rain can ruin your paint even several hours after it has been applied.
- Your body is probably not used to working in the heat, so try to avoid the sun as much as possible and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Heat strokes when working in hot weather conditions are more common than you might have expected. Also, be careful when climbing or moving ladders to prevent serious injuries.
Exterior painting is not as easy as it seems and will definitely take longer than you expect. Hiring a professional painting company in NYC is a good idea if you want the job done safely and efficiently.
Created on Mar 27th 2021 06:02. Viewed 178 times.