Simple Steps To Pair Wireless Printer With Windows Laptop
by James Boond software
Generally, a wireless printer utilizes the Wi-Fi network to pair with your laptop and print any files using it. By using a wireless printer a user can eliminate the hassle of connecting a number of wires with their system, rather users can now give a print command from any of the rooms in their office or home, and the print would be done.
Moreover, many latest wireless printers can also print files which are e-mailed to it. This feature can come in handy for those users who are currently not in the range of their Wi-Fi connection so they can simply mail the file to their printer and it would be done. To know more about the means to pair your wireless printer with laptop refers to the tips mentioned below.
Connecting Wireless Printer With Laptop
As wireless printer demands a Wi-Fi connection, it is best recommended to pair your printer with your home Wi-Fi which would link your printer with your home network and will be available to use for all the devices connected to this network. So if you want to pair your wireless printer with your network, then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Switch on your Wi-Fi router and the laptop that has the file which you want to print.
- Then switch on the power for your printer.
- Now from the control panel of your wireless printer, head to the “Setup Settings.”
- After that choose the “Wireless SSID” of your Network setup.
- Then type the password inside the security textfield. It is generally the WPA key or the WPA passphrase of the router.
- The LED light denoting WI-FI would illuminate on your wireless printer, once it gets paired with the network.
By following the steps mentioned above, users will be able to connect their printer with their Wi-Fi network. Now to pair your wireless printer with your laptop, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Switch on the power of your printer.
- Now press the “Win” key on your laptop keyboard to launch the Start window.
- Then type in “printer” inside the Windows search box.
- After that, choose the “Printer & Scanner” option.
- Now you will have to choose the “Add a printer or scanner” option from the Settings panel.
- Then choose your printer name.
- Now choose the “Add device” option from the bottom of the panel.
- After that, your system will automatically initiate installing the required drivers. Then after a few seconds, your laptop and printer will pair with each other and will be ready to use.
- It is possible that your Windows might suggest you to avail some additional software’s. If so, then choose the “Get app” option to initiate the download and installation process for such files.
Once the setup finishes, you will be able to take print outs of your required files without any USB or cable connection. Hopefully, now users will be able to pair and use their wireless printer with their laptop easily.
Becky Losby is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source : Wireless Printer
Created on Jun 13th 2019 11:22. Viewed 114 times.