How do I connect my laptop to Canon wireless printer?by F2 Technology F2 Technology
With the advancement in the technology, the printing methods also have changed. The printing machines have become not only portable but wireless too. You can now print very easily and quickly just by connecting your printer to your network directly. Whether you are Windows or Mac user, with the help of this article, you will get to know how to connect your laptop to your wireless canon printer.
Before you start, you need to check your printer device. You have two distinct alternatives when it comes to installing a printer. Either you can have a network printer device which connects to your home network, or you can also share a printer which is connected to some other computer system on your network. The selected option will be directed by the connections that your printer and home network setup supports.
Secondly, you need to check your network and requirements. The printer devices that are linked to the network directly can easily be accessed both by Windows and Mac laptops. Therefore, installing the printer straight to the network is considered as a better choice. It not only allows easier connectivity, but the printer is also always available. On the other hand, if you are having a printer that connected to another computer and that system needs to turn on whenever you want to access the printer.
1. Connect your printer to your home network.
Connecting your printer to the home network is one of the methods to connect your laptop to the wireless printer. For this you need to follow:
You need to make use of the display of the printer to connect to the wireless network. All you need to do is to select your wireless SSID (network name) and then insert the password if it is secured. However, this process will vary from printer to printer. Therefore, you need to refer to the documentation of your printer model, so that you can get the exact instructions.
2. Connect to the network printer (Windows).
After installing the printer, you can connect it to the laptop with the help of following steps:
· Foremost, open the control panel on your system. To access this, you need to go the start menu. The users of windows8 can press the windows key and then type "control panel."
· In the next step, you need to select the option of "Devices and Printers" or "View devices and printers".
· Click on the option of Add a printer and select "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer."
· Now choose your network printers from the displayed list.
· You need to follow the prompts for automatic installation of the printer.
3. Connect to the network printer (Mac).
After the printer is installed on the network, you can connect to your laptop with the help of following steps:
· Select the Apple menu and choose the option of "System Preferences" from there.
· In the next step, click on "Print & Scan" option which you will find under System Preferences."
· Now press and hold "+" button that you will find at the bottom of the list of installed printers.
· Once you have completed the step mentioned above, select your network printer from the displayed list. If in case, your printer is not listed, download the software from the manufacturer's support site of the printer.
· Now, click on the Download & Install option if in case it appears.Even after following the steps, mentioned above you are not able to connect your wireless printer to your laptop. There is no need to worry. You can contact the experts of F2 Technology. They provide services for Printer repair in Dubai. They have the best team of experts that serve in all parts of Dubai.
Created on Mar 7th 2018 04:43. Viewed 190 times.