Screen flickering Issue on Lenovo laptopby Jasper Pinnock Lenovo Service Centre 1800431354
You may be very frustrated with the flickering of your laptop. Many Lenovo users face this issue and this is due to outdated drivers of BIOS. Besides this, there may be hardware issue.
Let’s discuss each in detail:
Method 1: Renew your drivers
Manual driver update: Visit Lenovo’s website and update your video and chipset drivers manually. Make sure you select only drivers that are compatible with your OS.
Automatic driver update: To auto-update the driver download and install Driver Easy from the internet. Run the downloaded file and then click Scan Now button. It will scan the whole system and detect any issue with the driver. Hit the Update button located next to each driver to automatically download the correct version of the driver. Or, just select Update All button to auto-download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are outdated. Select Update All to do the task within minutes.
Method 2: Renew your BIOS
The BIOS on your PC manages the communication between your system hardware and the operation system. It may make your screen blink when it is outdated. Updating the BIOS may resolve this issue.
- Connect your laptop to the internet and visit Lenovo technical support website.
- Enter the name of the product in the search box.
- Choose Drivers & Software and select BIOS/UEFI to expand the category. The eye-shape button signifies that the latest BIOS update is available.
- Hit the Download button to download the updated package.
- Open the .exe file after the download and follow the on-screen instructions to install the BIOS update to your PC.
- Reboot the system and check if the screen of your PC recovers.
Method 3: Rectify hardware issues
Flickering screen is also a problem due to defective cable connection. This can be fixed by you, by following these steps:
- Ensure that there is no magnet located around the PC.
- Also, the user should check if the cables inside the system are connected properly to your screen. Check if the problem is still present.
- Remove those cables and reconnect them.
A user may not have that skill to deal with hardware issue, so it is recommended that you must connect with Lenovo Service Centre Australia +1-800-954-302 to avail proper help regarding this matter.
Created on Oct 31st 2018 00:04. Viewed 357 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.