Refrigerator Buying Guideby Manoj Vijay SEO Manager At Xerve
If you are a bachelor who has just moved out of your parents place or a newly wed setting up your new house, a refrigerator is one of the very first purchases. If you’re bewildered about how to go about buying a refrigerator, here’s a buying guide to assist you get the right one since there are multiple choices. And getting the right fit for your nest can be a daunting task if you are not sure what to look for.
How did we get here?
Until the beginning of the 20th century, preserving was done through the traditional means of refrigeration. People were limited to buying fresh food and use daily. But population explosion, time constraints, moving away from an agrarian based community, industrialization and centralized buying channels contributed to the greater need for buying in bulk and preserving perishable items for longer. This in turn contributed to the spurt in refrigerator sales. One can’t do without it as it keeps the food fresh for longer and in favorable temperatures these items also maintains the moisture. And now we have a wide range from colors and capacity to shelf configuration and even touch screens.
Why am I reading this?
Buying a refrigerator is a big investment and an essential one. So we need to be well informed before making a call. And here we are to help you out with all the details and tick the checkboxes from the list.
This appliance comes in so much variety so make a list of what all features you would want in your own refrigerator. Refrigerator comes in a wide range of styles and designs, you can easily find one to suit your home decor and space.
Things to keep in mind while buying a refrigerator- Features and Factors & budget.
You can find these in an electronics store or on online sites like xerve.in with additional discounts.
Whether you like the traditional side by side doors or the French door, this guide helps you to find the right model.
PIVOTAL DECISION FACTORS
Start off by asking yourself some basic questions about lifestyle, family and culinary preferences.
So from basic to feature rich models, these are the main types :
1) All Fridge Refrigerator - Ever felt like your freezer was a waste of space, you can go for an ‘all-fridge refrigerator’. Why you’d want it ? They will give you ample fridge-only storage space for fresh food. You may want this if you’re not interested in freezing anything or consider another model if you freeze food occasionally.
2) Top Freezers - All of us have seen this at someone’s house before which are keenly priced in contrast to the fancy ones. It takes up about a third of the unit size. Why you’d want it? Allows a lot of space or if you don’t want to bend down to get to the freezer or you prefer the traditional look , this one fits perfectly. One of the drawbacks faced here is during the installation, as it takes space to allow the door to fully open.
3) French Doors - This falls under the most expensive models, it gives users the best of both worlds. Inherent of wide shelves in both sections, it has enough space to store anything for a large family. Some featuring three doors and others featuring four, it also has extra features like through-the-door water and ice dispensers.
French refrigerators are aesthetically pleasing.Two doors swing open and has a freezer drawer below. Why you’d need it?- French doors are mainly for the storage of a large extended family and two doors give more convenience.You can also open either of the sides to get your food and the bottom freezer drawer generally has two levels that gives extra storage. Drawback: Tends to be on the larger side.
4) Side by Side Freezers - This is a new entrant in the list.if you’re eyeing for something unique and sleek,you will definitely stop by it . These are the high ranged freezers where you get both the fridge and the freezer but each takes up one side. FYI, it ranges from 32-36 inches and built in exterior door features. Why you’d need it? - facing some space issue in your kitchen? Then you’ll love this narrow esthetic design having enough compartments on both sides. Go buy it if you want as much freezer space as fridge space.
5) Mini Wine Coolers - delineated specifically to keep drinks cool and range from basic, compact models to elaborate, full-size refrigerators with enough space to store hundreds of bottles.You can place the wine coolers under your counter or in a bar area to keep your wine at the perfect temperature.
Now that you’ve narrowed down your choices in what type you need, start off by asking yourself some basic questions about lifestyle, family and culinary preferences; few things to think about what features you'd like to see in what you buy!
SIZE THAT MATTERS!
For many homeowners, the capacity you need will vary, depending upon the size of your family, how much you eat , married or unmarried. Obviously,you need to be certain that the fridge you want will actually fit in your kitchen.Measure, then measure again.
IMPORTANCE OF THE INSIDE
Many luxurious refrigerators give homeowners the ability to maintain different temperatures within the same refrigerator. Additionally, those who throw large parties may want to look for models that offer flexibility in their shelving configurations.
Smart refrigerators: Too busy cooking? You’ll need a smart refrigerator to store that. Some new refrigerators have built-in touch screens that can keep track of the food in your fridge. They haven’t been around for long but they’re really picking up in the refrigerator market-cameras inside to give you a full view of your contents.Water and ice in door: Automatic filtered water and ice is a big plus when it comes to your kitchen, and you can have that option right on your refrigerator.
BRANDS - Whirlpool and samsung are consistently high in consumer satisfaction surveys. There are a number of great trustworthy and reliable refrigerator brands on the market nowadays.Keep in mind what “after sales services” each brand offers.
Some Popular Brands Would be -
If you are in the market for the best top freezer refrigerator, head to LG
Also, the most highly rated side by side refrigerator is from LG
Samsung shows the best smart refrigerators with touch screen and ice dispenser
You can also look up brands like haier, electrolux, other models from LG, SAMSUNG, Whirlpool.
Lastly, be sure of the warranty of the fridge because it's usually once in a decade buy!
Author Name - Oindrilla Paul
Created on Nov 16th 2017 07:35. Viewed 1,130 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.