Questions To Ask A Criminal Defense Attorneyby Alva Firm Law Firm in Philadelphia
If you have been found as a suspect of a crime in
Philadelphia then it’s indeed a matter to worry about. Whenever such kind of
ill-fated circumstances arose, you think of whom to go to. You pull your hair
pull and bite your nails to somehow succeed in finding the best lawyer for your
In the mob of untrained, unskilled and
inexperienced lawyers, it has become tough to find the right among the stream
of criminal defense lawyers for your case in Philadelphia.
If you wish to have the best outcome for your case
then you need to hire a lawyer very seriously. You should be sure about some of
the important factors about the lawyer.
To know about the good lawyers of your state, ask
the friends and family members or surf the Internet. Now make the list of
lawyers you’ve searched so far. To choose the best suitable lawyer, consider
asking them certain questions either on call or meeting personally one by one.
In this article, we've covered you with the set of
questions about which you need to know before handling your case to a
Philadelphia Defense Attorney.
- Background and Experience
When you visit a lawyer for the first time make sure
he/she has fought cases similar to yours. To be clear of all the queries
related to his/ her experience in criminal defense cases, consider asking the
1. You are being in this profession for how long?
2. From which school you studied law?
3. Do you belong to any Philadelphia law firm, if yes then which one?
4. Have you ever dealt with the case that has charges as of mine?
5. Do you work for plea agreements? If yes, then how often?
6. How often do you take your cases to trial?
7. What's your success record of fighting such cases?
- Evaluation Of Your Case
To check the attorney's opinions for your case, you
may ask him/her the following questions. By asking these questions, you will
get clear if he/she owns the skills and expertise to twist the case in your
1. What will happen if I am found guilty?
2. Would agreeing to plead guilty on lesser charges be a good option?
3. Can trial be helpful?
4. Which factors of my predicament can work in my favor?
5. Which factors of my predicament can work against me?
6. Which strategy can help handle my case?
7. Can you walk me throughout the case and tell me what to expect at each
- Case Management
Criminal Defense lawyers in every state including
Philadelphia have their way of handling cases that they call case management. To
get to know what’s going to happen with your case, you need to their logistics.
You may ask answers to the following questions to know the lawyer's
1. Do you have enough time to think about and fight my case?
2. Does your law firm own more criminal defense lawyers that are going to
be the part of my case?
3. Whom will I call to get the answers if my questions?
4. Will I be getting a quick reply?
- Legal Fees
It's no doubt that criminal defense attorney in
Philadelphia offer competitive pricing. Some lawyers ask for fees on an
hourly basis, whereas some ask for flat fees. To be free from any sort of
future fees trouble, you should know the answers to the following questions:
1. Do you charge a flat rate or hourly rate?
2. If you demand a flat rate, then tell how much it is?
3. What does the flat rate include and exclude?
4. If you charge an hourly rate, how does that work?
5. Other than legal fees, what are the other outstanding expenses I need to
- Hiring Criminal Defense lawyer
When you've interviewed all the attorneys, ask some
questions to yourself. These questions will help in selecting the right
criminal defense attorney for your case.
- Which attorney was most experienced?
- Whose modus-operandi was smart and clever?
- With which attorney I am comfortable the most?
- Who has the reasonable legal fees?
After asking certain questions, if you're stuck
between two or more, ask for the contact information of some former clients.
Talk to them about the attorney's performance in their case. Their opinions
about the lawyer will help you choose the right one for yourself.
These were some of the questions about which you've
to be clear before hiring a criminal defense attorney in Philadelphia for your
If you're are in a search of a reliable law firm in Philadelphia with skilled and
expert criminal defense lawyers, then look no further than Alva Law Firm. We
have a bunch of criminal defense attorneys that have great experience and a successful
record of fighting criminal defense cases.
Created on Mar 17th 2020 01:01. Viewed 432 times.