Online Charging System: The Real-Time Heart of BSS
by Kumud Dixit Seo Expert
The complexity of telecom operations is increasing with the growing competition. In the race to get ahead, most telecom vendors are seeking solutions that can enhance their workflow. As billing plays a vital role in the overall functioning of telecom operations, the demand for a reliable telecom charging system has sky-rocketed. With the billing and charging needs growing exponentially, most telecom vendors are confused about where to start their search for an online charging solution that can meet their requirements. In the current state of things, Vcare OCS emerges as a ray of fresh hope.
Vcare OCS is a specialized communications function that allows a service provider to charge a user for services in real-time. The OCS handles subscribers’ account balance, charging transaction control and correlation.
By using an OCS online charging system, a telecom operator enforces credit limits and authorizes resources on a per transaction basis. Given the crucial role it plays in telecom charging system architecture, it can be called the real-time heart of BSS.
Unlike many online charging systems,which charge the customers after rendering services, OCS online charging solution charges in real-time.
Event Based Charging
Event based charging function (EBCF) is used to charge events based on their occurrence rather than their duration or volume. Typical examples of such events are SMS & Data.
Session Based Charging
The session based charging function (SBCF) is responsible for online charging of network/user sessions e.g. voice calls, IP CAN bearers, IP CAN session or IMS sessions.
Functions of OCS Telecom Charging System
• Subscriber, customer and service identification before providing access to a service
• Initial authorization and re-authorization of access to a service (determining whether a requesting subscriber is allowed access to a service)
• Tracking service usage and keeping records of services delivered in the billing system database
• Loading to the billing system database customer, subscriber and balance updates unrelated to service delivery in real time
• Calculating call charges based on CDRs and loading the results to the billing system database
• Managing additional real-time subscriber service features (black list, live balance, prepaid lifecycle)
OCS system allows the operator to control credit and at the same time lets users control their costs through flexible packaging, bonuses and discounts (whatever the services/network and whoever the customer).
Vcare Charging System lets the operator realize and create new opportunities. The OCS system helps an operator enhance his billing operations and allows him to bring in new customers by offering reliable services.
Vcare listens to all your requirements. Adds value by customizing services to meet your requirements and trains its employees to help you deliver betters services, so you can achieve your business goals.
Created on Mar 13th 2019 06:14. Viewed 282 times.