Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) WiFi Mesh Extenderby Alice Garten Writer
Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) dual-band WiFi mesh extender increase the WiFi coverage with your existing home WiFi network to create a powerful/strong mesh WiFi for greater wireless speed, reach, range, and coverage. Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) works with any standard WiFi router. On the other hand, it is ideal for HD video streaming and online gaming.
Qualities of Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) WiFi Mesh Extender
- Delivers dual-band WiFi more than 1700Mbps.
- Easily works with your existing WiFi/internet.
- Creates a whole-home mesh network with your existing WiFi router.
- Extends coverage and range of your existing home WiFi/internet network with same SSID and security passcode/password.
- Netgear EX6250's Smart Roaming connects your mobile devices automatically to the best and active WiFi available.
- In addition, its Gigabit Ethernet port is meant to connect wired devices such as smart HD TV, game console, Blu-ray player, and streaming player easily to your WiFi network.
- EX6250's FastLane technology uses both WiFi bands in a hassle-free way to establish one high-speed internet connection.
- Easy Netgear extender setup with just push of a button.
Despite the fact that to extend the range of your existing WiFi network, you must connect Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) to your existing WiFi. You easily can do this in one of the following two ways:
Set up your Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) WiFi Mesh Extender using WPS:
- Power on your range extender. Place it closer to your existing WiFi router. After that, plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the LED lights on your device become solid green and if it doesn't turn on, simply push the power button.
- Press the WPS button on EX6250.
- Hold it for a few seconds only.
- Within a couple of minutes, press the WPS button on your existing router.
Now, you can move your range extender to a new location. The process of placing your router and the range extender within reach of each other was during the installation process only. You are supposed to keep them in reach of each other. Otherwise, the new extender setup process will never meet a successful end.
Set up your EX6250 (AC1750) WiFi Mesh Extender using Netgear installation assistant:
- Turn on your EX6250 (AC1750) WiFi mesh extender.
- During www.mywifiext.net new extender setup process, your EX6250 should be placed closer to the existing WiFi router.
- Plug them both into a power source.
- Let the LED lights on EX6250 illuminate solid green. For this, you have to wait for a small piece of time. And if the LEDs doesn't light up, hit the power button.
- Connect a computer/laptop to the extender using either a WiFi or Ethernet connection.
- Launch a web browser from the connected device and type www.mywifiext.net into the URL bar.
Netgear installation assistant page displays.
Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your EX6250 to your existing and up running WiFi network.
After that, you can move your EX6250 (AC1750) to a new location that should be about halfway between your existing router and the area with a poor connectivity.
That's it. In this way, you can go through the Netgear WiFi extender setup process easily by following any one of the methods given above.
Note: mywifiext net is the web address used for Windows computer and mywifiext local is used for Apple devices for the setup and installation for your WiFi range extender.
If you are facing issues in the setup process of Netgear EX6250 (AC1750) range extender, then make sure that you have done the following:
- Update your existing router with the latest firmware.
- Range extender and the router should be properly connected with each other.
- Clear all the browsing history along with cache and the cookies.
- Your URL shouldn't be in the search bar.
- There shouldn't be any typos in the web address.
During the installation process, make sure to place them away from walls, windows, metal appliances, dishwasher, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, electronic gadgets, battery toys, public WiFi, microwave, treadmill, etc.
And if you need any assistance, dial a toll-free number 1-888-961-4011 and make yourself comfortable to ask us for Netgear support.
Created on Jun 18th 2019 02:23. Viewed 347 times.