Leaning Construction Planning To Implement Successful Management Projectby Deepak Bhardwaj Digital Marketing Expert
Lean is a philosophy that is based on the continuous improvement and simplification of the construction process and eliminates all forms of wastes that is generated in the production process. Lean construction planning can help companies to improve their operational performance and customer satisfaction while driving positive results.
Companies new to lean often start their project by taking small steps, most of the time trial to test the process. Once they know the benefit of lean planning, construction companies get more aggressive with their strategy and expand the use of lean technology throughout the organisation. The basic plans involved in lean are-
• They review and test the readiness of lean in the organisation
• Identifying all the issues that make the lean implementation more successful
• Develop a lean technique and a metric to make the lean strategy successful
• Analyse all the improvement opportunity
The lean planning engages all the people associated with the building process which includes the top management. With the help of everyone in the process, successful management of the project is possible. Therefore it is necessary for any construction company to realise adopting lean tools and techniques will help the company in the long term.
Lean Planning is the business planning process, rather than a plan document. It helps you to prepare a strategy for your construction business, refine your strategy and through the help of construction management software track the information of your performance.
How lean differs from other projects planning-
The project managed under the traditional construction companies is very different from lean philosophy. In the lean design, right from the beginning to the end everything is changed. Lean planning has set goals and objectives for delivering the best results to the clients including employees, distributors and all managing parties. All of these groups associated with the project are forced to work together and controlled production throughout the entire project. Every unit of the construction company works together like a machine, taking every element in the consideration. With everyone working as a single unit, it minimises time and allows more efficient planning and implementation. The lean plan is focused on the predictability and flow, thus eliminating most negative aspects and waste.
Benefits of lean construction planning-
• It uses fewer material than the traditional construction, therefore generates less waste which helps in the reduction of the cost of the project. The philology related to lean is centred around overall reduction and betterment of the workers, not just profits, utilising the methodology has shown an increase in bottom line costs.
• Another significant benefit is that it can reduce construction time.
• It also involves fewer accidents and a higher rate of safety
• It improves the overall result with the employment of fewer workers.
• Increase in productivity due to a higher percentage of planning.
• Increase in the profits, high turnover and customer satisfaction.
• It also enhances the communication between the project managers and the works, thus increasing the efficiency of the project.
With Leanstation.com , you can improve the production of the construction company with the help of lean planning and construction management software.
Created on Mar 1st 2019 14:00. Viewed 204 times.