How to Use an Airbrush Makeup Machine?by Ella Wilson Love to write
In a time where everything is in high definition (HD photography and HD videos), it's a good idea to opt for HD quality makeup as well. Airbrush can help you achieve flawless makeup even when inspected up close.
Airbrush makeup is by no means a new makeup application technique. However, it was just available to an elite few who can afford an airbrush makeup machine, such as professional makeup artists and actors. It wasn't until recently that it has gained enough attention for it to hit the mainstream market. And thanks to its growing popularity, the machine has become widely available and more affordable than ever. But before you get too excited, you first need to learn about the basics of airbrushing.
Airbrush Application Basics
Before using the machine, you may want to familiarize yourself first on how it works. Airbrush application will be a lot less complicated once you get all the basics down.
Most airbrush machines are composed of a stainless steel gun and hose that is attached to a small air compressor. There are two needles present at the nozzle of the airbrush gun. One of these needles releases the air while another releases the pigment at the push of a button. Since both air and pigment are released through one nozzle at the same time, the mixture is sprayed evenly on the skin.
Once you get the hang of using an airbrush machine and its settings, it becomes easier to control how much makeup you want to apply. You won’t be able to find such level of customization with any other traditional makeup applications.
Types of Airbrush Makeup
There are several types of makeup used in airbrush machines. When choosing the base of the pigment, you should consider the kind of event you want to attend and for how long you want to wear your makeup. Listed below are the four main types of airbrush makeup according to themakeupmagic.com.
Guidelines for Application
Stylecraze.com gives these guidelines to follow when applying airbrush makeup.
- Choose which type of makeup base you are going to use.
- You cannot use regular foundation on the airbrush machine.
- Keep the nozzle at least 6 inches away from your face when you spray the makeup. But, it is still best if someone else will operate the airbrush machine for you.
- Read the instructions and precautions carefully.
- Make sure that the first layer is completely dry before applying the second layer.
- Go slow and steady when applying airbrush makeup because midcourse correction is very difficult.
- Mix the makeup first to get the right shade before application.
- If it’s your first time, test it out first on a piece of paper to get a feel of how the machine works.
- Use the forward-backward or circular motion when applying the makeup.
Follow the above guidelines, and you will soon be an expert in applying airbrush makeup. And don’t forget, practice makes perfect. So keep practicing until you get the hang of it.
Created on Feb 20th 2019 08:03. Viewed 115 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.