How to treat cancer of head and neck in India - BLKby Saim Singh Medical Tourism for Uganda
Cancer starts from one part of the body and has the potential to invade other parts too. This happens when it has reached an advanced stage. There is effect seen on nearby body parts. This is what makes it even more dangerous. Detection of this disease may take years as the symptoms are realized when it has spread far. Therefore, it is recommended to opt for common screening tests. There are more than 100 different types of cancer known to human beings and one of them ones is head cancer. In this case, consider BLK which is the best head cancer hospital in India.
It comes under the treatment modality of head and neck cancer. These cancers may be identified with the help of the following symptoms –
· Swelling or sore in the throat which does not heal is the most common symptom.
· Patches which are red and white in color.
· Lump or mass in the head and neck area.
· Numbness in a part of head or neck.
· Pain in jaw and loosening of teeth.
There are different oncology treatment in India
options. In case of surgery, there are different options such as laser
technology, excision, neck dissection etc. Radiation therapy is also an option
but as it can also lead to tooth decay, a dentist should be consulted. Another
treatment is immunotherapy. If platinum based chemotherapy is not helping, then
it is suggested. Two of the most common immunotherapies are Pembrolizumab and
Another type of cancer is stomach cancer. In this disease, there is growth of cancerous cells within the lining of the stomach. Some of the common symptoms are mentioned below –
· Feeling full and bloated after eating very less food.
· Severe feeling of heartburn.
· Pain in the stomach.
· Weight loss without any cause.
Some of the common risk factors associated are –
· High quantity of salt in diet.
· Diet that is low in fruits and vegetables.
· History of stomach cancer in the family.
There are two main tests done to diagnose this condition. They are –
· Upper endoscopy – It is the method in which a thin tube containing a tiny camera is passed down the stomach to see the signs of cancer.
· There is a special type of X-ray exam called a barium swallow. In which X-ray images are made.
Stomach cancer treatment in India comes under the heading of gastrointestinal. It comprises of all the cancers of esophagus, gallbladder, liver, pancreas, stomach, small intestine, bowel and anus. There are different types of surgeries. Subtotal gastrectomy is done if cancer is to be removed from a specific part. If the entire tumor is to be removed, then it is known total gastrectomy.
Gastrointestinal cancer treatment
in India uses high-powered beams of energy to kill the affected cells. In
gastroesphageal junction cancer, it is used before the surgery to shrink the
size of the tumor. Along with this method, chemotherapy is also combined but
comes with its own set of side effects.
Created on Jul 19th 2018 02:58. Viewed 141 times.