How to stop rectal bleeding naturally?by Disease Fix Largest Disease Information Center
Rectal bleeding, which is medically termed as hematochezia, indicates flow of blood from the anus. This blood is often mixed with stool, which appear as blood clots. Generally, rectal bleeding occurs in the colon, rectum, or anus region and is often associated with diarrhea.
The main causes of rectal bleeding are piles, anal fissure, IBD or irritable bowel disease, blood vessel problems (angiodysplasia), crohn's disease, diverticulosis, ulcerative colitis, rectal ulcer, rectal prolapse, ischemic colitis, rectal trauma, anal or colon cancer, proctitis from radiation therapy, etc.
Sometimes, peri-rectal bleeding also occurs. It is referred to as bleeding in an adjacent area to the rectum and may occur due to abscesses or fistulas.
Symptoms of rectal bleeding
Some common symptoms of pooping blood, also called rectal bleeding, are:
- Pain in rectum
- Blood present in or on the stool
- Change in the color of the stool to dark red, black, or maroon
- Blood may present but cannot be seen, which is observed by stool test results (if positive)
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Palpitations or rapid heartbeat
- In children, intermittent abdominal pains and vomiting occurs, which should not be ignored.
Natural ways to reduce rectal bleeding
Home remedies and self care are the best ways that can be attempted to reduce the symptoms of rectal bleeding. Self-care in case of rectal bleeding may include consumption of proper diet, use of various rectal ointments and suppositories, proper medication, etc.
Some home care and natural ways to reduce rectal bleeding are:
- Hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoids cause rectal breeding. Hemorrhoids, also known as piles, can be extremely painful. Hemorrhoids are of two types – internal and external. Hemorrhoids can be treated on their own if you get relieved from constipation. Slitz bath is recommended to reduce the pain, itching, discomfort and cause relaxation. Hemorrhoids may appear as lumps. Read about what do hemorrhoids look like?
- Relieve Constipation: Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water daily, is the first step to reduce the chances of constipation. High fiber foods such as green vegetables, beans, squash and figs help to reduce the chances of constipation. Warm bone broths and hot herbal teas are also great. Consumption of probiotics and increasing amount of fermented foods such as yogurt in your diet may also helps to relieve constipation. Daily exercising such as stretching, walking, jogging, yoga, swimming or dancing strengthens the bowel and lymphatic system.
- Drinking alcohol should be avoided as it increases the dehydration leading to constipation.
- Ice packs and aloe vera gel is applied to the affected area to reduce pain.
- High fiber in the diet with supplements such as Metamucil, Benefiter, or foods such as prunes should be preferred.
- Coffee is avoided as caffeine stimulates acid production in the stomach. Caffeine affects the stomach linings and triggers pain.
- No junk food and spicy food are recommended. They can lead to diarrhea, bloating, and gas problems.
- Stool softening foods and beverages are preferred such as prune juice and other prune products, psyllium husk, chia seeds, flaxseed and flaxseed oil, probiotic-rich foods like coconut kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut and kimchi, and coconut water.
- Doctors suggest getting rid of stress, which is believed to heal a person from hemorrhoids also
Created on Jul 10th 2018 05:41. Viewed 195 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.