How to retrieve your deleted text messages on iPhoneby john smith manager
While cleaning your iPhone, have you deleted your important text messages by mistake? And now want to get them back anyway? Well don't fret, it is possible to restore them and you can get your deleted message back on your iPhone. Restoring a recent backup from iTunes and iCloud will also restore your deleted text message. These are the most common ways to regain your deleted text messages on your iPhone.
How to recover your deleted text messages on iPhone from iTunes Backup
You need to access iTunes on a PC to restore your deleted message. If you don't have iTunes, then before continuing download iTunes and reboot the computer after downloading. If you're using Mac and it doesn't have the USB port, then use the USB adapter.
1. Launch the 'iTunes' app on your computer.
2. Now with iPhone's charging cable connect your iPhone with the computer.
3. Open the 'Device' icon from the upper left side of the iTunes main screen.
4. Click on 'Restore Backup' button. It is near the top under "Backups."
5. Cancel the Find My iPhone prompt.
6. Now click on 'Back Up Now' to save your iPhone's current state.
7. Open the dropdown box given with the iPhone name.
8. Select a backup date from the options. It must be before the date you lost your messages.
9. Hit the 'Restore' button on the right side of the page under "Backups."
10. Enter the password, if prompt.
Wait to finish restoring. Once it will complete, you'll get your deleted message back on your iPhone. Open the Messages app and view the text message you're looking for.
How to regain your deleted text messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup
Before restoring a backup from iCloud, save the current state of your iPhone by creating a backup.
To create a backup of the current state:
1. Open 'Settings'.
2. Tap your Apple ID at the top.
3. Tap 'iCloud'.
4. Go down and hit 'iCloud Backup.'
To restore a backup from iCloud:
1. Open the 'Settings' on the iPhone.
2. Go down and enter into 'General' settings.
3. Go to the bottom and select 'Reset.'
4. Tap 'Erase Contents and Settings' option at the top on next screen.
5. Enter your iPhone's passcode, if prompt.
6. Double tap on 'Erase iPhone' at the bottom.
7. Wait for few minutes to finish erasing.
8. After finishing, press the 'Home' button of your iPhone.
9. Select your language.
10. Select your region.
11. Select and connect with a Wi-Fi network.
12. Look for the 'Restore an iCloud Backup' option.
13. When it appears, tap on it.
14. Enter the email address of the iCloud (Apple ID) account.
15. Enter the password of the same account.
16. Tap on 'Choose Backup' button at the middle on next screen.
17. Select a backup date from the options. It must be before the date you lost your messages.
18. Now, just wait for restoring to complete.
That's it! You'll get your deleted message back on your iPhone. Open the Messages app and view the text message you're looking for.
Jhon Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at office.com/setup
Created on Mar 13th 2019 14:38. Viewed 711 times.