How to Recover Lost Files From USB?
by Victoria Parker Digital Marketer
Majority of the
people know that Hard disk drives, magnetic disks as well as floppies have
rotating parts which create more risk for losing files and folders when they
are used. On the other hand, a USB is a device which does not comprise any
rotating or moving parts. Resultantly, USB is a more trustworthy portable
device. With the help of this blog, you can recover
lost data from a USB device.
The advantages and disadvantages of USB
The USB storage
is till 2TB. It is easy to carry everywhere and can be attached to plenty of
devices like printers, projectors and televisions because all of these have USB
ports. With an OTG cable, you shall be able to use USB with smartphones too.
As we all know
that there is nothing perfect in this world. So, the same lies with USB also.
One of the biggest disadvantages of USB is that you might lose data stored in
it. Side by side, it is so easy to connect to public networks and the USB might
catch viruses quickly.
The methods of recovering files from USB
In total, there
are two ways that shall be used for recovering files from USB.
'Scanning and repairing'
'Using a third-party utility'
The method of recovering data by scanning and repairing
- Firstly, put the USB into the device.
- Then, view the File Explorer.
- After that, right-click on the USB device.
- Next, view the 'Properties.'
- Then, have a look at the 'Properties' dialog bar and
visit the 'Tools' tab.
- After that, press on the 'Check' option. It shall be
under the 'Error Checking' part.
- Note that Windows shall present you the options for
troubleshooting the error. Luckily, even if it doesn't show any errors,
still you will be able to scan the USB for repairing.
- Next, press on 'Check.'
- Give some time to the scanning process as it might
take a few minutes.
- Lastly, you shall be able to see if there are any
The method of recovering data by using third party software
- Firstly, you need to download the utility.
- Then, you require to install the software.
- Next, as soon as the installation gets over, press on
the 'Start Now' option.
- After that, take the USB device from which you wish to
- Then, press on the 'Scan' option.
- Note that the software shall look for the lost data.
- After that, choose the file that you wish to recover.
- Lastly, press on 'Recover' option.
Victoria Parker, an employee
currently living in USA and working at a top email service provider company in
the day, and a technical writer at night. I am passionate about writing
troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied
topics like hp
printer support, hp printer support number etc.
Created on Sep 10th 2019 05:24. Viewed 106 times.