How to Password Protect a USB Drive on Windows?by Harry M. developer
USB is very convenient and handy equipment to share your digital files. It is best for the user who works on several systems in one day, but it’s very challenging to carry it because it is very small and sometimes people store their essential document in it. So, most people asked intend to protect their USB drive with a password. Here are the instructions to password protect a USB drive on Windows 10.
Protect your Drive via BitLocker
If the users are attempting to protect your drive via BitLocker, then they should correctly employ the given instructions.
- You should connect the USB drive into the system.
- After that, go to the This PC icon into the Windows Explorer.
- Then, select the USB drive and right-click on it.
- You have to choose the ‘Use a password to unlock the drive’ option and input a password double time.
- Thereafter, click on the Next option.
- Go to the ‘where or how you would like to get the recovery button in the next screen then choose the Next button.
- You should click on the ‘Encrypt entire drive’ option and choose Next.
- Navigate to the ‘Compatible mode’ in the screen of ‘which encryption mode’ and press the Next button.
- Now, choose the Start encrypting option.
Protect your Drive via VeraCrypt
If you would like to protect the drive via VeraCrypt, then you can determine to pursue the directions given below.
- Open the application of VeraCrypt by inputting ‘veracrypt’ into it and choosing the application then pressing return.
- You should choose the ‘Create Volume’ and pick the “Encrypt a non-system partition/drive”.
- Go to the ‘Next’ button.
- Then click on the “Standard VeraCrypt volume” then select the ‘Next’ button.
- Navigate to the ‘Select Device’ option and click on the USB drive within the devices list that shows and pick the OK button then select Next.
- In case you are guarding a blank area, choose the “Create encrypted volume and format it” option then pick the Next button.
- Click on the Encryption Algorithm and Hash Algorithm you would like to use.
- You should verify the volume space and choose the Next button.
- Input and verify the password and choose the ‘Next’ button.
- If you will have bigger files on the part or not, then choose suitably and pick Next.
- Now, verify the format command then wait for it. This procedure will take some time, according to the drive size, the data in it then your PC speed.
Password Protect Files on USB Drive
If the users are attempting to password protect files on the USB drive, then they should correctly employ the given instructions.
- You should invoke the document and choose the File option.
- After that, choose the Protect Document and Info option within the menu options.
- Go to the option to Encrypt with Password.
- Now, input the password and then store it.
Harry Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Billy has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.
Created on May 1st 2020 07:30. Viewed 253 times.