How to Make Your Online Grocery Shopping a Healthy Affairby Lalaji Goyal Lalaji24into7
Enlisted are a few points that’ll help you eat your way to a healthy you-
1) Have a plan – Don’t begin with a blank mind. Have a plan in place of the meals you will be preparing. This will help you in staying organized by guiding you towards the ingredients you need for those meals and hence safeguard you from recklessly adding items to your cart. Give yourself a pat on the back if you succeed in sticking just to grocery online items on the list. Shopping online proves to be even more helpful in making the right choices as you are provided with the ability to update and review your cart as many times as you want before actually checking out and making the purchase.
2) Breakfast like a king – For kids and adults alike, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and what better than having a bowl of low-fat, nutritious cereal as your morning meal that takes care of your vitamins, minerals and antioxidant intake. Besides, Dalia, Upma, Thepla, Poha, Dosa, Oats, Idli, Cheela among many other such high in fibre, low in sugar options make for a healthy and wholesome breakfast option.
3) Go nuts – A great source of many nutrients, nuts are bestowed with incredible health benefits are a great snacking option. Loaded with antioxidants, these help in countering oxidative stress our bodies. Besides, these are also packed with the power to help you lose weight and lower your cholesterol and triglycerides. So, definitely incorporate nuts in your grocery list.
4) Grainy goodness – Grains are great as they make you feel full with lesser amount of calories. Having grains in adequate amounts is linked to reducing the risk of some extremely chronic diseases. Enriched with fibre, whole grains lower the risk of heart disease, reduces cholesterol and betters your bowel function.
5) The Pulse Plus – Abundant in nutrients, regular consumption of pulses is linked to improving blood pressure, sugar control, cardio-metabolic risk factors among many other health
benefits. So, make it a point to have your share of protein and fibre rich beans, lentils, chickpeas!
Created on Sep 18th 2018 03:37. Viewed 217 times.