How to install Canon Printer MF232W in ubuntuby Carl Smith Software Developer
Being one of the largest manufacturers of electronics, Canon has been selling various kinds of printers that are widely used. Earlier drivers of Canon Printer MF232W s were available only for Windows and Machintosh. But now the drivers are also available platforms like Linux/Ubuntu on all printers..
How to install Canon MF232W printer in Ubuntu?
When you want to install Canon Printer MF232W driver specifically for Linux/Ubuntu, it is important to add PPA repository.
- Open Terminal
- Therefore, you should open a terminal by either making a search of the terminal from the software launcher or you may choose to use three keys together i.e. Ctrl+Alt+T.
- At this stage, you must add the following given PPA into your Ubuntu System to proceed: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:michael-gruz/canon
- You have to type the user password when it asks and press Enter to proceed further.
- For Ubuntu 16.04, you need to run sudo apt-get update so that you can refresh system catch to begin the installation. Thus, you must type the following: sudo apt install cnijfilter2 scangearmp2 cndrvcups-utility
- Installing drivers for Canon Printer MF232W
- At this stage, you need to disconnect the computer from the printer or you may choose to turn off MF232W printer.
- Thereafter, you can install Canon Printer MF232W driver with the following given command: sudo apt-get install cnijfilter- mf232w series
- Using the above-mentioned command, the Canon Printer MF232W driver will get installed.
- The Computer can now be connected with the Canon Printer MF232W and it must be turned on.
- Finally, the Canon Printer MF232W will be detected and connected by the system on its own.
- Alternatively, in case the drivers are not installed using the above command, you can search for cnijfilter for printing in Synaptic package manager that is provided by Ubuntu Software.
- Further, select install driver that is suitable for your device and press OK in order to install Canon Printer.
- The Printer is ready to use and can be tested for printing.
What if I want to uninstall the drivers for Canon Printer MF232W?
- When you want to remove the drivers for Canon Printer MF232W, you have to run the following given command : sudo apt remove –autoremove cnijfilter2 scangearmp2 cndrvcups-utility cnijfilter-* scangearmp-*
- If you want to remove the PPA repository, simply go to Software & Updates and then click Other Software
Created on Apr 7th 2020 04:58. Viewed 637 times.