How to Fix Windows 10 Update and Security Tab Not Workingby Aida Martin Norton Setup
Update and Security are special features included in the Windows 10 core computer. The built-in option provides access to the operations and processes for updating and restoring the features. If you are facing the Windows 10 update and security tab not working error, then follow the instructions mentioned in this article.
Here’s how to fix Windows 10 update and security tab not working
- Running the system file checker tool
Firstly, ensure that there are no infected files working on Windows 10. So, you need to begin the scanning procedure through the troubleshooter on the system. Here are the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Launch the command prompt menu.
- You need to right-click on the Windows start symbol.
- Choose the Command Prompt menu.
- By going to the Command prompt, enter the sfc/scannow in the provided column.
- Click on the Enter button.
- Now, the scanning process will begin; it depends on how many folders you have saved on the system.
- In case you are getting the issue, then the issue will fix automatically.
- You should remember to start the computer again.
- Scanning and fixing the issues through the DISM commands
Additionally, you need to search and fix the infected files and processes by executing the DISM commands. Go through the steps mentioned below to complete this procedure:
- Launch the command prompt.
- By going to the command prompt, type the below mentioned commands:
/Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth; Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth; Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- Exit from the command prompt menu.
- Start the Windows 10 computer again.
- Changing the account registered with Windows 10
You will face this issue with any specific account. So, you should make an account where you can use the Update and Security option of the Windows 10. Here are the instructions mentioned below to finish this procedure:
- Press on the Cortana symbol.
- It is provided next to the Start menu.
- By going to the text field, you need to type the settings tab.
- Choose the Settings tab.
- You will find this in the resulting columns.
- After that, press on the Account menu.
- Click on the Other user accounts option.
- Choose the Add an account option.
- It is located on the Manage other accounts menu.
- You need to choose the Login option without the local account and Microsoft account.
- You need to enter the forms and start saving the changes you have done.
- Go to the account which you have already created.
- Confirm if you can use the Update and Security option.
- Performing the system restore
- After booting the Windows 10 computer, click on the F11 key.
- It will open the Windows 10 Advanced Startup Options menu.
- By going to it, choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Select to Reset your computer option.
- Now, you can use the Advanced options.
- Press on a second column.
- After that, press on the System Restore option.
- You need to go through the on-screen guidelines for restoring the system.
- Select to Reset your PC option.
- In case you are going through the resetting procedure, select to keep your personal files.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Created on Oct 1st 2019 06:56. Viewed 43 times.