How to Fix Error Code 0xc004f074 on Windows 8 & 10
by Jaxson Harry Product Activation
0x004f074 is an error code that generally occurs when you activate your Windows after upgrading to the latest version. Most of the users activate their Windows PC after upgrading from Windows 8 to 10. However, some users face issues in doing so and end up encountering the 0x004f074 error.
If you are also facing the 0xc994f074 error code on your computer, then you have landed on the right spot. Here, you will learn how to troubleshoot the 0x004f074 error on Windows 8 and Windows 10. Try to follow each step carefully until the error gets resolved.
Solution 1: Fixing 0xc004f074 Error Via “slmgr.vbs” Command
In this method, we are going to use the command prompt to fix the error on your device. There is a special command for solving this Windows activation error, and you have to apply this command with the combination of your activation key. Let’s kick this error out from your device:
- Open your computer and make sure you are on the home screen.
- Open the Start Menu and then search for Command Prompt.
- Now right-click on the Command Prompt icon and then select Run as Administrator.
- If asked for confirmation, then press the Yes option to confirm your decision.
- When the Command Prompt window appears on the screen, just type the command given here and replace the Y character by your Windows product key:
- slmgr.vbs –ipk YYYYY- YYYYY – YYYYY – YYYYY – YYYYY
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard to initiate the command.
- Now enter the “slmgr.vbs –ato” command and then hit Enter.
- Restart the computer to experience the changes.
If the issue resolved, then congrats! Otherwise, see the next solution to fix the 0xc004f074 error code.
Solution 2: Fixing Windows 10 or 8 Issues with Slui 3 Command
In this method, we are going to use another command to fix the error, but this time you don’t have to open the Command Prompt. See the below instructions to resolve the Windows activation error:
- On the home screen, hit the Start + R keys together on the device to bring the Run dialogue box.
- Now enter Slui 3 in the dialogue box.
- Press the OK button.
- Provide your complete Windows product or activation key. The key should have 25 characters and should look like this: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
- Once the key is entered correctly, just press the Activate button to fix the 0xc004f074 error on your Windows 10 or 8 computer.
- Go to the Start Menu and then click on the Power button located on the bottom-left corner.
- Select the Restart button, and wait until it completes.
Solution 3: Fixing the Error Message 0xc004f074 with SFC Scan
Here’s how to initiate the SFC scan on Windows 8 and 10 to fix activation issues:
- Hit the Start key on your computer keyboard to trigger the Start Menu.
- Once the Start Menu appears, type Command Prompt and then right-click on the Command Prompt from the result.
- Choose the Run as Administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt windows, type the “sfc /scannow” command.
- Hit Enter to apply the command.
- Now the scan will start, and it might take some time to complete.
- Once that completes, just close the Command Prompt window and then reboot your computer to see effects.
If the Windows is still not activated and you are encountering errors during the activation, then see the next solutions.
Solution 4: Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Head to the Start Menu.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Under Settings, choose the Update & Security option.
- Now click on the Troubleshoot option from the left navigation menu.
- Under the Troubleshoot option, click on the Windows Update option.
- Now tap the Run the troubleshooter button to launch it.
Let the troubleshooter find and solve the issues on your computer, and if you asked to follow any instructions, then follow.
Solution 5: Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter
If you are still facing the error, then this time, you have to launch the Windows 10 Activation Troubleshooter. See the steps mentioned below to solve the activation errors on Windows 10:
- Go to the Start Menu and then head to the Settings of your computer.
- Once the settings window appears, just click on the Update and Security icon.
- Now press Activation from the left menu.
- Click o the troubleshooter option.
- Let the process begin and then follow onscreen prompts if there are any.
This should fix your issue, and in case if the error still occurs, then you should not panic. There are still chances that your error might resolve by following the next solution.
Sherry Martin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, she has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Source:Error Code 0xc004f074 on Windows 8 & 10.
Created on Nov 12th 2019 07:00. Viewed 128 times.