How to Fix Error Code 651 on Windowsby Billy Mark Blogger
Error Code 651 is one of the most common error codes that you might face on your Windows computer while trying to access the internet. This generally shows up when you connect the internet via PPPoE connection or Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet. This connection helps people to use several PCs on a single Ethernet local connection. Here’s how to fix 651 error code on Windows 10, 7, 8, Vista, and XP.
Method 1: Restart the Computer and Internet Modem
If your computer is affected by a technical issue or a program, then a restart might fix the problem. The modem heating up or not responding can also cause the issue, so it is the best step to get started with. Here are some instructions that might help you in fixing the problem:
- Shut Down the PC, but before doing this, make sure the work which is currently opened is saved safely.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi router or modem and then wait for five minutes.
- Plug the Modem or router back again.
- If that doesn’t fix the issue, then this time unplug every cabled attached to the modem and PC.
- Wait for a minute and then plug in everything back to their own place.
- Now Switch on the PC and see if the error code is resolved or not.
Method 2: Update the Network Drivers of Your Computer
If your computer’s network drivers are outdated or corrupted, then you will have to update or reinstall them. The old and missing network card drivers can cause the error code 651 on your device while accessing the internet. You can update your network adapter drivers by accessing the Device Manager or Windows Update. Here’s how to update Windows Network drivers:
- Head to the Start Menu by pressing the Windows icon located on the lower-left of the computer screen.
- Now type Device Manager and then choose the Device Manager program from the list.
- Once the Device Manager appears, head to the Network Adapter and then right-click on the network adapter.
- Choose the update driver option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen if there are any.
Your computer network drivers are successfully updated, and you can now use the internet without any flaws. Error Code 651 should also disappear when you access the web.
Method 3: Reinstalling the Network Drivers
If updating network adapters doesn’t resolve the error, then this would do the work. Here are the instructions for reinstalling Windows network adapter drivers:
- Head to the Start menu and then search for the Device manager option.
- Select the Device Manager icon from the results.
- Once that is done, head to the Network Adapters from the left navigation bar.
- Now hit the Uninstall option to remove the network driver form the computer.
- Close the Device Manager and then go to the start menu.
- Choose the restart option to reboot the device.
- The driver will be installed automatically.
Method 4: Tweaking the Settings of Network and Sharing Center
In order to fix the issue, follow the below institutions:
- Right-click on the network icon located at the bottom-right corner next to the clock.
- Choose the Open Network and Sharing Center option.
- Press on Change adapter settings.
- Now select the Properties of your internet connection by right-clicking on your connection.
- Unselect the option saying “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Press the OK button to save settings and close the wizard.
Alex Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.
Created on Nov 20th 2019 23:19. Viewed 194 times.