How to Deal with Diesel Generator Overheating Problemby Generator D. Diesel Generator
How to Deal with Diesel Generator Overheating Problem
Excessive operation of the the diesel engine will result in a decrease in the power of the diesel engine, a deterioration in the acceleration performance, and an increase in the wear of the moving parts. In severe cases, malignant failures such as pulling the cylinder, sticking the cylinder, burning the tile and burning the piston may occur, resulting in serious damage to the diesel engine. What are the causes of overheating of diesel generators? The first reason is the heat dissipation, cooling and the clogging of the lubrication system, which causes the diesel engine to overheat. The second reason is the leakage of the cooling system and the lubricating oil system, which causes the diesel engine overheat.
What kind of situation will cause the diesel engine overheat?
1. Heat dissipation, cooling and clogging of the lubrication system cause the diesel engine to overheat.
Blockage of radiator or pipeline: once the radiator and pipeline are blocked, the cooling water cannot circulate and the diesel generator will overheat.
Exhaust pipe blockage:When the exhaust pipe is blocked, when the diesel generator is running, the exhaust gas is not discharged smoothly, and some of the exhaust gas remains in the cylinder. When the next intake stroke is intake, there are more in the cylinder. Exhaust gas, fresh oil and gas mixture can not fully come in. When the spark plug is ignited, the flame propagates and burns slowly, and then burning time is long, forming a post-combustion. Parts that are in contact with gas, because of the long burning time, can not release heat, thus causing overheating, at the same time, due to the unsmooth exhaust gas emissions, the exhaust gas temperature rises significantly when exhausting, and the thermal load of the entire diesel generator increases, causing the generator to appear overheat.
Oil filter plugging: Under normal conditions, the oil of the diesel generator enters the diesel engine through the oil filter. Once the oil filter is blocked, the oil enters the lubrication points of the diesel engine only through the bypass passage. In this way, since the oil is not filtered, it is easy to bloc the oil pipeline, causing poor lubrication, the oil pipeline is blocked, and the heat generated by the friction coupler can not dissipated, causing the generator to overheat.
Oil screen plugging: The oil filter is placed at the inlet of the oil absorber in the oil sump to remove foam and prevent large slag from entering the oil pump. Once the oil filter network is blocked, the supply of lubricating oil to the diesel generator is interrupted, which will cause dry friction of the friction coupler of the diesel generator, which will cause the generator to overheat.
2. The cooling system and the lubrication oil system leak, causing the diesel engine to overheat.
Leakage of the radiator or pipeline: The radiator or pipeline leaks. Because the water storage capacity of the diesel tank is limited, the generator will overheat.
Oil pan or oil pump oil leakage: The oil pan or oil pump oil leakage is mostly caused by loose oil plug or gasket damage. The consequence of the oil sump or oil sump leakage is that the diesel generator oil supply is reduced or interrupted. Since the diesel generator reduces the cooling effect of the oil, the heat of each friction pair of the diesel generator cannot be transmitted, so that the generator is overheated.
3. The main components of the cooling system are damaged.
Deterioration of components such as pumps, oil pumps and cooling fans will directly cause the diesel engine to overheat.
A. The performance of the pump has deteriorated. The function of the water pump is to forcibly circulate the cooling water, send the hot water in the diesel water chamber to the radiator for cooling, and then return to the cooling water chamber. Once the performance of the pump deteriorates, the heat cannot be transmitted in time, causing the diesel engine to overheat.
B. The performance of the oil pump deteriorates. The function of the oil pump is to forcibly press the oil of the oil pan into the friction pair of the diesel engine to be lubricated and cooled. Once the oil pumping capacity of the oil pump drops, a large amount of heat will not be transmitted, causing the diesel engine to overheat.
The reasons for the deterioration of the oil pump performance are as follows. First, the oil pump seal ring is damaged, causing oil leakage.
Second, internal wear.
Third, improper adjustment of the pressure reducing valve.
C. The thermostat is damaged. Damage to the thermostat mat block the cooling water channel, causing the cooling water flow to decrease and the diesel engine to overheat.
D. The cooling fan is damaged and the diesel engine must be overheated.
What should I do if the diesel generator set is partially overheated?
As the temperature rises throughout the summer, it is easy to cause the diesel generator set to heat up. We can judge whether the genset is running normally from the aspects of sound and temperature. Let’s share the local overheat prevention and countermeasures for diesel generator sets.
1. Regularly check the contact condition of the electric brake blade static contact, and find that the compression spring is loose or the single contact finger is not parallel with other fingers and should be dealt with in time.
2. The generator outlet and the neutral point lead connection part should be reliable. During the operation of the generator set, the infrared imaging temperature measurement of the split-phase cable, the static excitation device to the rotor slip ring cable and the rotor slip ring of the excitation to the static excitation device should be performed periodically.
3. In the commissioning of new machines and maintenance of old machines, attention should be paid to check the compression of the stator core and the pressure deviation of the tooth pressure fingers, especially the toothing at both ends. If there is a slack phenomenon, it should be processed before it can be put into operation. If there is any doubt about the connection or the insulation of the core, the iron loss test shall be carried out.
4. During manufacturing, transportation, installation and overhaul, care should be taken to prevent tiny foreign objects such as welding slag or metal chips from falling into the stator core ventilation slots.
5. When the generator insulation overheat alarm occurs, the cause should be analyzed, and if necessary, stop and perform the defect treatment.
Created on Jan 9th 2019 03:27. Viewed 82 times.