How to Crop, Rotate, and Straighten Photos in iOS Devices
by Emily Johnson Technical Advisor
Many people capture wrongly aligned shots on their iPhone or iPad, and that is the main reason that Apple has provided us with several editing tools to make our captured images more balanced and organized. With Apple’s editing tools, you can crop, straighten, rotate, and also adjust the aspect ratio of a picture.
Not everyone is a master in taking amazing photos from their phones and cameras but this tool can help you frame your best images.
How to Rotate Photos on Your iPhone and iPad?
Rotating is a beneficial feature if you have mistakenly captured a shot in landscape mode but want to change it to portrait. Below are some instructions that will help you to rotate a picture on your iOS device.
- Go to Photos app on your iOS device.
- Navigate to the photo that you want to go edit and rotate.
- Choose the Edit option located at the top-right corner of the photo viewer.
- Now click on the crop option from the bottom options.
- Tap the rotate icon situated at the down-left of the image.
- Press that rotate button several times until the picture becomes straight and portrait.
- Now you have to click the Done button to save changes.
How to Straighten Images on iOS devices?
- Open the photos app on your device.
- Go to the photo which you want to straighten on your phone.
- Now tap the edit button to move further.
- Hit the crop button from the bottom tools list.
- The system will automatically adjust the image to its desired place. Now slide the dialer to straighten your image.
- Press the Done button.
How to Adjust the Aspect Ratio in iOS device?
- Open Photos app on your device.
- Navigate to the image which you want to customize.
- Now choose the Edit button from the top-right corner.
- Click the aspect ratio icon at the down-right of the display.
- You can now select the ratio that you like.
- Then drag the dial to adjust the image that you want.
- Click the done icon located at the bottom right.
How to Crop Images on iPhone or iPad?
To improve the focus on the important areas of a picture, you must remove the irrelevant part of it. To do that, you have to crop it using the Photo app on your device.
- Go to the Photo app.
- Look for the image that you are willing to crop
- Click the edit button
- Go to the Crop icon and tap on it.
- Now you will have to select the area which you want to remove from the original image.
- Then tap the done button to complete your selection.
Now you have learned most of the essential editing functions in your iPhone or iPad. You can edit your images and make them more defined and organized.
Emily Johnson is a Norton product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Ava has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as norton.com/setup.
Source : http://sy-norton.com/how-to-crop-rotate-and-straighten-photos-in-ios-devices/
Created on Aug 16th 2019 00:53. Viewed 931 times.