How to Add New Users to Google Chrome in Windows
by Emily Johnson Technical Advisor
If you have a common computer in your home that your siblings also use, then the thought of using Chrome independently has possibly come to your mind. You might want to use Chrome with your own settings, themes, extensions, and bookmarks. Moreover, you’ll also want to keep your browsing, bookmarked websites, as well as other sensitive data private.
Google Chrome has provided you with the ability to use the browser individually. You can add multiple users account to a single Chrome browser and use it as a separate browser. Moreover, each user is able to use all the features of Chrome as usual.
Here is how to add new users to your Google Chrome browser in Windows
Access Chrome Settings
Users in a Chrome browser can be added from its settings. Therefore, first, you need to access the settings. Accessing Chrome settings is simple; you can type chrome://settings in the address bar to jump into the settings directly. Alternatively, click on the ‘Profile Picture’ icon near the top right corner in the toolbar. Clicking it will open a dropdown menu from where you can manage people in your Chrome.
Adding a new user or profile
Go through these simple points to add a new user or profile to your Chrome browser.
1. In the Profile dropdown menu, click on ‘Manage people.’ It is the second last option in the list having a Gear shape symbol. This brings up a new window on your screen.
2. In the opened menu, click on the ‘Add person’ button at the bottom right corner.
3. Now you’ll be prompted to enter the name of the user or profile in the top field.
4. Enter the person’s name and choose a picture from the available photos.
5. Check or uncheck the box for creating a desktop shortcut of the user, as you want.
6. Then, click on the ‘Add’ button.
7. Now, you’ll be asked if you wish to enable syncing. If you want all bookmarks, passwords, history, and other settings to sync automatically on all devices, then you can enable syncing with a Google account.
The newly created user profile with name and profile photo will be added to your Chrome browser. Now, both the user profiles can use Chrome separately with all the settings and everything. Users just need to open their user profile.
To switch users profiles in Google Chrome:
• Start ‘Chrome.’
• Then click the ‘Profile Picture’ icon near the top right corner in the toolbar.
• Choose the user profile you want to open from the profile dropdown.
Enjoy using Chrome independently.
Emily Johnson is a McAfee product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Emily has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/activate.
Source Link: http://now-activate.com/how-to-add-new-users-to-google-chrome-in-windows/
Created on Aug 14th 2019 02:27. Viewed 967 times.