How to Choose Marble Stone for Creating Kitchen Countertop?by Isabel Blamey Professional writer
This article explains the simple steps to picking the right type of marble stone for residential and commercial projects.
For many homeowners, the choice of marble for kitchen tops stays at the first position. It becomes popular across the world for different projects such as flooring, book matching, wall cladding, backsplashes, etc. It is a natural stone with a variety of veining patterns on the surface that makes each slab/tile unique.
If you are interested to buy this material for your residential or commercial project, there are certain things to be kept in mind. You may or may not be aware of the factors to consider for buying this natural stone. This guide will come in handy for beginners to figure out the right type of marble for their particular needs.
Tips to Choose Marble for Construction Project
• Do remember that each slab is different. It comes with unique veining patterns that make sure about creating a distinct interior and exterior design. So, you just need to place your order by counting the required number of pieces.
• During the installation of these slabs, it is a good approach to consider how each of these slabs would come together. Suppose there is a need for a cut on slabs, this could be done in different ways to achieve vein cut and cross-cut appearance.
• Considering the surface finish, you can find a honed finished marble surface that looks matte. If you want to go with the most popular choice, it is the polished finish that looks lustrous and shiny.
• Another aspect of selecting this natural stone is based on the curve of its edges. You can find them with a 90-degree corner or with a profile of a half-circle. It just depends on your particular design layout to picking the most suitable one.
• Do remember that you could observe fissures on the marble surface. These are naturally formed that alter their appearance but don’t change the structure. So, you must understand the difference between fissures and cracks to pick the right slabs.
If you are confused about making the right choice, it is always good to consult with the experts of marble facility. A small conversation with the facility representative can be effective. It also helps you identify the availability of your required slabs and tiles.
Did you know? Stains could be a concern for most individuals. Regular maintenance of this material is advised to avoid sticking stains on the marble surface. It must be done by using a good quality cleaning agent.
This guide might help you understand how to choose marble for kitchen tops, wall cladding, and backsplashes. Although there are several other types of materials available in the market, this natural stone is preferred to add beauty to the space. Experts say that it offers a timeless look that lasts for up to the next 25 years. Considering the cost of this project, the initial investment is a little higher but you could save your money in the long run.
So, what are you waiting for? Find the right supplier cum installer and complete your project within the stipulated timeframe. Suppose you prefer using the DIY method for installation, you must read the guidelines carefully and apply adhesive for sealing two adjacent slabs correctly. It is recommended to use good quality adhesive for long-lasting benefits.
The author has been associated with a local marble supplier. He looks after the stock of marble for kitchen tops, backsplashes, flooring, and other projects. He is also a good painter.
Created on Jun 22nd 2022 09:06. Viewed 223 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.