Heal your body, mind and soul through the use of natural oilsby Herbal Magic Organic & Natural Herbal Products
It’s not rare for people to associate memories with a fragrance. A fragrance is powerful, so much so that a particular scent can take you through to your childhood, or how the essence of your favourite restaurant can remind you of the first time you were there. But did you know that some scents can actually improve your well-being?
The application of natural aromatherapy oils can be calming, pleasing and even healing – there’s more to them than their aroma. They are prepared from highly concentrated plant extracts to have a restorative effect on your physical, rational and emotional well-being. They have been used to heal common ailments since ancient times, and even after all these centuries, they cannot be replaced.
Since there are so many natural aromatherapy oils available, it could be confusing to settle upon one that suits you best. Here is a compiled list of the most well-known oils and their benefits.
- Tea tree – Distilled from the twigs and leaves of the plant tea tree, botanically known as Melaleuca alternifolia, tea tree oil can be used topically for its anti-bacterial properties. It can be applied directly to the infected skin with a cotton swab, to help it stay clean and clear.
- Lavender – Lavender oil is extracted from the flower of lavender which has a very pleasant aroma. Its calming scent can eliminate nervous stress, alleviate discomfort and improve blood circulation.
- Calendula – Calendula oil is distilled from the petals of the flower marigold. It is especially suitable for sensitive skin because of its anti-inflammatory qualities and can be used to diminish the presence of stubborn facial scars.
- Chamomile – Chamomile oil is particularly known for its calming effects, which is why chamomile tea is popular for treating anxiety. Its fragrance has also been seen to be highly efficient in fighting depression and feelings of sadness. Putting a drop or two of this oil on your pillow before you sleep can induce a good sleep.
- Peppermint – Unlike many other natural aromatherapy oils, peppermint can be ingested. Because of its antimicrobial qualities, it can also be used to relieve indigestion.
- Lemon – Lemon oil is an excellent detoxifier and cleanser. It can be used to treat acne, as well as to maintain a healthy circulatory system.
To expand their line of business and implementing more productive services, herbal beauty companies are actively advocating the use of aromatherapy oils and promoting their benefits. That’s why most herbal beauty brands nowadays have incorporated natural aromatherapy oils in their principles and products. It’s not uncommon to see herbal products such as moisturizers, cleansers, henna powder etc., with natural oils in them.
Created on Nov 10th 2017 00:33. Viewed 313 times.