Diabetes: It’s Symptoms, Cure & Treatmentby veera singh Free Online Chat With Specialist
Diseases are numerous; some are fatal whereas some can be cured by medication and care. Earlier life if we see was a bit different from today's and it is also not false to say because of change in lifestyle, people getting more prone to disease and some disease which earlier was seen only to senior citizen have now become common in youngsters and children. Some of them are Spondylitis, Myopia, Hypermetropia, Diabetes, slip disks etc. We will look here every possible thing to be done when people become diabetic.
Diabetes- The silent killer:
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the blood glucose or say the blood sugar, is too high. Blood glucose is the main source of energy and comes from food when eaten.
Insulin is a hormone made by the pancreas in the stomach that helps glucose in food to get into your cells to be used for energy.
Symptoms of Diabetes:
• Frequent Urination
• Increased Thirst
• Increased Hunger
• Dry Mouth
• Excess Weight Loss or Gain
• Irritable Nature
• Slow Healing of Wound
The nature of diabetes is also different at different stages; there are 3 categories which is very common: Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. Let’s look one by one all these 3 types:
Type 1 diabetes:
If one has type 1 diabetes, the body will not make insulin because of the immune system attacks and destroys the cells present pancreas that is responsible for making insulin. These people need to maintain their blood sugar level through proper diet.
Type 1 diabetes can be usually seen in children and adults, although it can happen at any age. People with type 1 diabetes need to take insulin through tablets every day to stay alive.
Type 2 diabetes:
If one has type 2 diabetes, the body does not make or use insulin well. It is characterized by insulin resistance, which may be combined with relatively reduced insulin secretion and can develop type 2 diabetes at any age, even during childhood. However, this diabetes happens to most people who are old or people who are in their middle age.
People suffering from type 1 diabetes must include insulin as part of their treatment. Since their body can't make insulin anymore; thus it becomes necessary to have an intake of the right amount to keep their blood sugar levels in a healthy range. The only way to consume insulin into the body is by injection with a needle or with an insulin pump.
Type 2 diabetes can be maintained with the blood sugar level control. Initially one may be able to treat the condition with oral medication, or through changing lifestyles, such as performing routine exercise and weight loss, most people with type 2 diabetes eventually need to take insulin by injection.
Gestational diabetes develops in some women at the time of their pregnancy and this type of diabetes goes away after the baby is born. However, if one has gestational diabetes, then they have more chance of developing type 2 diabetes later in life.
Health problems people can get when diabetic:
Over a long time, high blood glucose can lead to problems such as:
• Heart disease
• Nerve damage
• Foot problems
• Lack of vitamin
Tests to diagnose Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes:-
• Glycated hemoglobin (A1C) test: - This blood test indicates the average blood sugar level of a person of last two to three months. It measures the amount of blood sugar present in hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying protein to red blood cells.
• Random blood sugar test: At a random time, the sample is collected. As a result of random blood sugar level of 200 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) — 11.1 millimoles per liter (mmol/L) — or higher shows diabetes.
• Fasting blood sugar test: After an overnight fast the blood sample is taken for the test. The sample is tested accordingly.
• Oral glucose tolerance test. To undergo this test one has to fast overnight and the fasting blood sugar level is measured. After that one need to drink a sugary liquid and blood sugar levels are tested periodically for the next two hours.
The Cure of Diabetes in Ayurveda:
There is no such cure that guarantees, however a better lifestyle and a proper ayurvedic treatment can help in reducing the level. But yes, to consult a doctor and that too an ayurvedic doctor in Kerala on a regular basis is must and a balanced nonsugar diet is to be taken to manage blood sugar levels.
No wonder there are many ayurvedic doctors available at different locations that have the knowledge of treating diabetes through ayurvedic treatment, but for going with ayurvedic treatment the patient should be mentally prepared because it is a time - consuming process and they won’t be able to see instant outcomes.
How Ayurveda Can Help in Treating Diabetes?
Here are some ayurvedic remedies that, if one follows on a regular basis can get rid of Diabetes:
1. Ginger Tea: Ginger helps in treating not only Diabetes but other diseases too and ginger tea is one of the most beneficial ayurvedic treatments for Diabetes. Boil a cup of water; add some milk and a good amount of ginger in it. The ginger will stimulate digestion and that will lead to cutting down the excess Kapha in your body.
2. Turmeric & Alovera Gel mixture: Take about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it with the Alovera Gel. Before you sit for your dinner or lunch, just have it. You will slowly observe its effects. This mixture will control your sugar level.
3. A mixture of Tulsi, Neem, and Belpatra: Leaves are very beneficial and its nature’s gift in medical science. Take around 10 – 15 leaves of Tulsi, neem, and belpatra, crush them and have them with water every morning.
4. Methi Seeds: Methi seeds, one of the most beneficial things for Diabetes patients. Mix seeds with water and leave it for a whole night. In the morning, eat the seed.
5. Jamun Seeds: Take a glass of lukewarm water and take around 1 tsp of Jamun Seeds with it.
Apply these remedies and you will surely control your sugar level easily.
Created on Mar 22nd 2019 05:19. Viewed 205 times.