Cummins Generator Fuel, Oil and Coolant Requirementsby Starlight Generator dieselgeneratortech
Fuel requirements for Cummins generator set: Use high quality light diesel oil with lower temperature. Because of the higher temperature fuel used, the filter can be clogged to reduce power and cause engine starting difficulties.
After Cummins generator is shut down, remove the water from the fuel filter in a hot state and replace the filter regularly (250h). If the fuel used is dirty, the filter will be blocked in advance, and the engine power will decrease after the filter is blocked.
Requirements for lubricating oil of Cummins generator set:
1) Viscosity in accordance with SAE 15W40
2) Quality meets API CD or higher
3) Change the oil and filter regularly (250h)
Note: Engine oil of CF4 or above must be used on the plateau. Because the combustion condition of the engine in the plateau deteriorates, the oil pollution is very fast, the oil life below CF4 level is less than 250h, and the oil change period should be shortened by half. Oil that exceeds the life of the engine will result in the engine not being properly lubricated, the wear will be intensified, and early failures will occur.
Coolant requirements for Cummins generator set:
1) Use water filter or add DCA dry powder as required to prevent corrosion, cavitation and scaling of the cooling system.
2) Check the seal of the pressure cap of the water tank and the leakage of the cooling system to ensure that the boiling point of the coolant does not decrease and the cooling system is normal.
Note: The generator set operating in cold areas should use ethylene glycol + water coolant or antifreeze approved by manufacturer to meet the environmental conditions. It is also necessary to check the DCA concentration and freezing point in coolant regularly.
Created on Dec 10th 2019 02:14. Viewed 70 times.