How to Replace Oil and Fuel Filter of Cummins Generatorby Starlight Generator dieselgeneratortech
Method for replacement of oil and fuel filters for Cummins generator sets
Since the filter will become dirty or even clogged when used for a certain period of time, oil and fuel filters should be replaced regularly. The methods and procedures for replacing oil and fuel filters for Cummins generator are as follow:
Since the filter will become dirty or even clogged when used for a certain period of time, oil and fuel filters should be replaced regularly. The methods and procedures for replacing the oil and fuel filters of the Cummins generator set are as follows:
1. Remove the blocked filter from the diesel engine and throw it away. Rotary filter wrench can be used when disassembling.
2. Add the specified lubricating oil (fuel or diesel) to the oil filter (fuel filter) to be installed on the diesel engine.
3. Leave the oiled filter still for half a minute, then refuel the filter.
4. Repeat step 3 multiple times until you are sure that the air in the filter is completely discharged and the filter is filled with oil or fuel.
5. Apply a thin film of diesel lubricated oil onto the end of the filter seal ring, then install the filter onto the filter sear and rotate the filter until its sealing ring is in contact with the filter seat.
6. Then rotate the full flow oil filter, the side oil filter and the fuel filter by 3 / 4 / 1 and 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 respectively (the installation torque of the oil filter with rectangular and conical sealing rings is 45~50ft-1bs and 15ft-1 A (61C 68 and 20.5N.m), respectively), be careful not to tighten too tightly.
Note that it is absolutely not allowed to install the unrefueled filter directly on the filter seat, otherwise it will cause a series of serious problems, such as burning tile of diesel engine, crankshaft locking, dry friction and wear of parts, damage and so on.
In the fuel filter, because the specific gravity of oil is lighter than water, water deposits in the lower part of the filter and oil is above water. When water is released, the plastic cock at the bottom of the filter is rotated first, the filter releases the pressure first, then the water flows out first, and then the oil flows out. When the water in the filter is estimated to have been basically discharged, the screw plug or the tight plastic cock is installed immediately.
Fault diagnosis and Analysis of Diesel Generator fuel system
Because the diesel fuel system of diesel generator set is working under high temperature and high pressure for a long time, there will inevitably be various problems and faults. Based on the practical troubleshooting experience for many years, our engineer summarizes the common faults and causes of diesel generator fuel system as follows.
1. Low pressure has leakage (using drip method, if the oil quantity meets the requirements, it is low pressure gas leakage, the following parts should be inspected.)
(1) Oil pump intake pipe
(2) Firewood filter (diesel engine power is not enough, should be checked first, cleaning filter element).
(3) Firewood filter pipe
(4) Hand pump (where most problems occur)
(5) Tank vent (to exhaust air to see if it is blocked)
(6) Fuel tank (oil tank suction pipe is welded to the box, its weld crack or pinhole will make air leak into the fuel system, which is often ignored).
2. Governor malfunction (the manufacturer has adjusted it, no one can move)
3. Smoke limiter failure (it is a component that affects the performance of a diesel engine, the manufacturer has adjusted it, no one can move, otherwise it will affect the power and exhaust smoke of diesel oil generator set).
The smoke limiter on the smoke limiter uses the air pressure in the intake pipe to adjust the air-fuel ratio to achieve the purpose of controlling smoke. Damage to the smoke limiter will result in insufficient power and increased exhaust smoke. If the intake pipe to the smoke limiter air nozzle leakage or blockage will also cause a decrease in power and smoke exhaust. If the vacuum tube on the smoke limiter breaks, the power of the diesel engine will decrease.
4. Diesel engine low idling adjustment screw can be adjusted (if the idle speed is too low, it will cause the engine to swim at idle speed).
Note: high idle adjustment screw should not be moved at will, otherwise it will cause engine problem.
5. To determine which cylinder does not work, use the broken cylinder method to check. After determining which cylinder, remove the faulty injector for debugging, and check that the injector is overloaded with sealed copper gasket. At the same time, check the injector for failure, can be connected to the engine outside the test.
6. Return oil (check the fuel return of the diesel engine in genset at rated speed to determine if there is a problem with the fuel flow).
Created on Nov 14th 2018 20:48. Viewed 143 times.