A Guide to Enable Sleep Tracking Mode on an Apple Watchby Alessia Martine office.com/setup
Apple Watch is one of the best and most trending smartwatches in the market these days. However, there are various other brands as well, but most people prefer to use Apple Watch. It always provides you with the best experience by offering you multiple amazing features and one such feature included in this smartwatch is Sleep Tracking mode. Due to its functionalities, Apple Watch can also be your fitness companion that monitors your health records. In this fast lifestyle, we all spend so much time working on our devices. And due to this, somehow, we are compromising with our well-being, and especially with our sleep patterns. But, when you have an Apple smartwatch with yourself, then you don’t need to worry. For better sleep, it becomes essential for all of us to track our sleep patterns. Well, with this smartwatch, you can do that easily.
This great sleep tracking feature was not available in the older version of Apple smartwatches. Earlier, the users had to download the third-party apps on their smartwatch to track their sleep patterns. But, now with the arrival of Apple Watch Series 3, this feature has been made available to all the users. If you have just bought a new Apple Watch and want to know more about this feature, then this is the right place to look for all the information associated with this functionality. Here, we are going to tell you the methods to enable this feature on your Apple smartwatch. So, to get the details, please go through the complete article.
The Method to Enable the Sleep Tracking Feature on an Apple Watch
It is a useful inbuilt feature that any Apple Watch user can easily activate on their device. But, before moving to the procedure of enabling the sleep track mode on your Apple Watch, it is necessary to understand its working strategy. It automatically tracks the data when you go to sleep while wearing this watch. This will show you the amount of time that you have spent in bed along with how much of that was spent on sleeping. Enabling this feature is pretty easy, and it will take a few minutes to get the task done. This task includes a procedure in which you will need to follow some simple steps. You can activate this feature using your iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
The Steps to Activate the Sleep Tracking Mode on Apple Watch
Follow the steps mentioned below to get started with the process:
- To enable the sleep tracking feature on an Apple Watch, firstly, you will need to make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of OS that is iOS 14 and install watchOS 7 on your Apple Watch.
- And now, tap on the “Health” app to launch it on your iPhone. Or you can also do this by swiping down through your iPhone’s screen, and then use the “Spotlight Search” to open the app.
- And then, after opening the app, tap on the option of “Browse” that you can see at the bottom of your screen and then select the “Sleep” option.
- Now, here, you will need to create your sleep schedule. To do that, select the “Full Schedule and Options”.and then tap on “Set Your First Schedule”. After this, your Apple Watch will start monitoring your sleep activity. Along with this, it will also set an automatic alarm to wake you up in the morning.
- After creating your sleeping schedule, go to the “Add” button that you will see placed at the top right corner of your screen. And then, the created schedule will be added to the app.
- This way, you can add multiple schedules and can set a sleep goal as well.
- After you are done with all the steps mentioned above, select the “Options” section to view more options.
- On the Options screen, toggle on the buttons for the options “Turn On Automatically” and “Track Time in Bed with iPhone”. After this, Do Not Disturb mode will be automatically enabled on your device.
- Finally, scroll down through your screen and turn on the option of “Manage Sleep in the Apple Watch App”. And then, enable the settings as per your requirements. And that’s all.
So, now, you know how you can enable the sleep tracking feature on your Apple Watch. We understand that work is important, but so is our health. So, take some time and activate this functionality for the sake of your well-being. And if you want to read more articles like this, you can check our website.
I am Alessia Martine. I’m a software engineer living in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315. I am a fan of technology, web development, and programming. My passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. I write for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Created on Oct 2nd 2020 02:30. Viewed 236 times.