A Brief Description of QuickBooks Outlook is Not Respondingby Ruth Mazur Accounting and Bookkeeping Proadvisor
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting applications in the business market. The software uses Outlook Email Manager, designed by Microsoft, to send emails. There are multiple reasons which lead to the “QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding” Error. One such reason is the outlook email client is not correctly installed on your windows.
“QuickBooks Outlook is not responding office 365”- Error Description.
Once the Error appears on the screen, it comes along with an error message that says, “Error: QuickBooks is unable to send your email to Outlook.” The issue appears on the screen while sending emails from QuickBooks. The primary reasons behind this issue are incorrect settings of Emails or Internet Explorer.
The Outlook is an email manager vastly used by QuickBooks users. It is a powerful email client as it is not just limited to sending emails but can also be integrated with various third-party applications to provide email functionality.
“QuickBooks email outlook is not responding”- Possible Causes.
· The Error may occur due to an incorrect Email setting in Internet Explorer.
· QuickBooks Outlook may not respond due to the improper installation of Outlook.
· Wrong Email setting in QuickBooks could also be the reason.
· The damaged installation of QuickBooks could also be the primary reason.
· The error can occur if you are working on QuickBooks using an Admin account on Windows.
· Improper internet connectivity could also be the reason.
· Credentials required for Outlooks might have changed.
· An outdated version of QuickBooks.
· Any virus or malware attack in the application could also be the reason.
· The Error can encounter because of damage in the email configuration file.
· Users may encounter the Error due to damage in the outlook email configuration file.
How to Purge “QuickBooks email outlook is not responding” Error
Once you know the possible causes of the errors, it becomes relatively easy for you to follow the troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1- Uncheck the “Run this program as Administrator” option
1. Firstly, quit the QuickBooks application and click on the Windows Start menu.
2. Now, type QuickBooks into the search box.
3. Now, right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Open File Location.
4. After that, from the folder containing the company file, locate and right-click QuickBooks.exe file and select Properties.
5. Further, select Compatibility, then select and uncheck Run this program as Administrator option.
6. If you cannot checkmark the option, select Show Settings for All Users to see the option back.
7. Finally, select Apply and click OK to confirm the changes you have made.
Solution 2- Fix your Email Preferences in QuickBooks
1. At first, from the QuickBooks Edit tab, click Preferences and then select Send Forms.
2. Select My Preferences tab and then choose to Send email using the option
3. Click OK, and then go back to the Edit tab again and click Preferences.
4. Now select Send Forms, and from the My Preferences tab, click QuickBooks Email.
5. After that, click on the OK option.
6. Now, edit your Preferences to Outlook and then click OK to confirm the change.
7. Lastly, try to send an email using QuickBooks to check if the error is fixed or not. Go for the next solution if the solution doesn’t get resolved.
Solution 3- Check your Internet Explorer Email Preferences
1. At first, you must quit the QuickBooks application and open Internet Explorer.
2. Go to the Tools, click on Settings, and choose Internet options.
3. To proceed further, choose the Programs tab and then select Set Programs.
4. Now, select Set your default programs and choose the email service you want to utilize
5. Click Apply, then OK to save the changes.
6. Finally, close Internet Explorer.
In this article, we have discussed “QuickBooks Outlook is not responding.” If you encounter any doubt, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969. Our experts will assists your query quickly.
Created on Feb 15th 2021 16:30. Viewed 253 times.