5 Mistakes To Avoid When Buying A Sofaby Rohan Sharma Lalco Interiors
Buying a sofa for your home is a big deal and a significant investment, so it is important to make sure that you choose the right one. Here are some mistakes to avoid when buying a couch for your home.
1. Getting the wrong size. A common mistake people make when sofa shopping is getting one that doesn’t have the right proportions to the room it will be placed in. Either it is too big or too small, thus taking up too much or too little space in your room and over- or underwhelming your other furniture. Before you head over to the furniture store, take care to first measure the dimensions for your ideal sofa.
2. Choosing the wrong style. In the same way that some forget to think about measurements, other shoppers also make the mistake of not considering the interior design of their house. You have to remember to choose a sofa style that fits with the overall theme of your house and your other furniture. If your house is modern and predominantly pastel, it doesn’t make sense to have a brown vintage-style sofa sitting in the middle of your living room. The contrast might be jarring, unless you are intentionally going for a mix of different styles. To be safe, always try to be consistent with your design choices and check if your desired sofa is coordinated with your other furnishings.
3. Picking the wrong material. Another mistake to watch out for is getting a sofa with a material that doesn’t go with the rest of your interior décor. Consider how your sofa will be used and where it will be placed. Is the sofa going to a busy area of the house? Do you have children? Pets? Leather is best for sofas that will be regularly exposed to spills or scratches because leather is durable, easy to clean, and easy to repair from small tears, while fabric requires more maintenance.
It is also important to think about color: Dark colors are better to cover up dirt or stains. For both aesthetic and practical purposes, it is recommended for you to pick neutral colors for your upholstery fabric because bold prints and patterns might go out of style easily or you might get tired of them. With neutral fabric, you can redesign the look of your sofa and room by pairing the sofa with different accent pillows instead of changing out the entire sofa.
4. Forgetting about quality. Purchasing a sofa is a long-term investment, so the quality and durability of your choice should always be an important consideration. A good sofa should last for years and years. When shopping, don’t forget to check the quality of the material, the sturdiness of the frame and legs, the validity of the warranty, etc. You don’t want to have to do any unnecessary repairs or replacements in the future.
5. Prioritizing looks over comfort. The ultimate purpose of your sofa is for sitting or lying down, so comfort should be your number one priority. You could find the perfect sofa that checks all the interior design boxes, including those mentioned above, but what matters most is that you and your family and guests will actually enjoy sitting on your sofa.
Remember to try out the sofa before buying it. Try it like you would use it at home. Is the back comfortable to lean against? Are the cushions nice? If your sofa is intended for napping, lie down on it — is it soft or firm enough? You can do the same by visiting Lalco Interiors showrooms in Mumbai, Bangalore or Pune.
One last bit of advice: While you can pick a lovely sofa and
put it in your room as is, there is usually an opportunity to decorate it some
more. Accent pillows or throw rugs can upgrade your sofa and give it
personality. It can also make your couch more inviting and comfortable. Check
out Lalco Interiors website for options regarding the same or visit Furniture Showrooms In Bangalore.
Having a good sofa matters. It is where you and your family rest and enjoy, where your kids hang out, where your guests sit. Keep all these common mistakes and things to watch out for in mind when purchasing your sofa so that you can get the best sofa for your home.
Created on Aug 31st 2017 05:13. Viewed 724 times.