4 Best virtual machine software for Macby Emma Justin SEO Excutive
Are you looking for a virtual machine software for your Mac? If you are, then your search is over because today, we are going to share with you four virtual machine software for Mac that you can use to run Operating systems like Windows, Ubuntu, Linux, etc. So, let’s have a look over them.
Parallels Desktop 15
Parallels Desktop 15 is one of the best and most popular virtual machine software for Mac in the market. It is a perfect pick if you need to run Windows programs that don’t have Mac versions or make the switch from PC to Mac and transfer your data. Besides Windows, the software can also run other popular operating systems like Linux, Ubuntu on it. The software comes with 2 operation modes. The first mode is the Coherence mode, which allows you to hide the Windows interface while you are using Windows application and the second mode, which allows the Windows interface to occupy your Mac’s screen completely. The software can be used to run some of the heaviest Windows applications on Mac. Besides this, the software comes with many great features like:
- One-click install.
- Optimized for macOS Catalina
- Complimentary upgrade to the latest version.
- Customizable touch Bar for Windows applications.
- Virtual RAM for each VM.
- Virtual CPUs for each VM.
- Integration support for Chef/Ohai/Docker/Vagrant.
- Network conditioner to simulate speeds and test.
- Visual Studio Plug-In.
- Office 365 integration.
- Retina display support.
- Support for business cloud services.
- 24/7 phone and email support.
- Centralized administration and management.
- Unified Volume License Key and more.
The software is available in 3 versions in the market
- Standard Edition ($80 per month).
- Pro Edition ($100 per month).
- Business Edition ($100 per month).
VMware Fusion 11.5
VMware is another great virtual machine software like Parallels desktop 15 that uses virtualization technology that creates a virtual machine on which you can run another operating system like Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, etc. The software runs on your Mac PC like any other app using which you can easily install your Windows and other Windows programs and apps. Once the installation of Windows is complete, you can run all the Mac apps and Windows together at the same time. The software also has 2 operation modes
- Full-screen mode– This mode hides the Windows interface allowing you to use the Windows Application directly from the Mac interface.
- Fusion unity mode-This mode allows you to use your virtual machine applications from the Mac desktop without the VMware Fusion interface.
The software comes with feature like:
- Windows 10 support.
- Optimized for macOS Catalina (10.15).
- Complimentary upgrade to the latest version.
- Powerful graphics.
- Fusion REST API.
- vSphere Connectivity.
- Dark mode.
- Simplified OS install, and more.
There are two versions of Fusion that are currently available in the market:
- Standard Fusion ($80 per month).
- Fusion Pro ($160 per month).
Oracle VM VirtualBox
Oracle VM VirtualBox is open-source and free to use visualization software that can be used to run popular operating systems like Windows, Linux, Solaris, and OpenBSD on your Mac. Additionally, the software comes with many great features like:
- 3D virtualization.
- Easy file transfer between the guest and the host operating system.
- It can be installed on Windows, Linux, and Solaris.
- Run Multiple OSes simultaneously.
- Supports the transfer of VM from one host computer to another with a different operating system.
The software is completely free to use, but it can be very hard to use for a beginner. So, if you are just starting out creating a virtual machine it would be better to use software like Parallel desktop 15 and VMware Fusion 11.5.
Cloudalize is another great virtual machine software for Mac users, but unlike other VM software on the list, it does not run the operating system on your Mac as the host. Instead, the software has the Windows OS hosted on the cloud, and all you have to do is log in to your account to access Windows. Additionally, it does not require you to get involved in any kind of software installation and maintenance and is very less demanding when it comes to computer resources required for running it. The software comes with many great features like:
- Pre-configured and licensed Windows OS on cloud
- Require limited resources
- Full administrative rights for installing applications
- It can be used on multiple devices etc.
The price of the Cloudalize depends upon the OS, and GPU usage, and the only downside of the software is that it currently supports only Windows OS.
I’m Emma Justin . I’m a web developer living in USA. I am a fan of technology, entrepreneurship, and web development. I’m also interested in education and writing. You can visit my company website with a click on the button above.
Created on Jul 2nd 2020 01:39. Viewed 67 times.