Swelling Feet - Causes And Home Remediesby Jeramey Thompson
1. Kidney disease
2. Congestive heart failure
3. Nerve circulatory problem
5. Protein deficiency
6. Potassium and Vitamin B
7. Presence of bacterial toxins
8. Leaky capillary walls
11. Sodium retention
13. Frost bite
17. Varicose veins
18. Standing for long hours
19. Pre-menstrual syndrome
20. Oral contraceptive pills
21. Allergic reactions
22. Inappropriate footwear.
1. Foot baths help to regulate the water balance and work wondrously in case of swelling feet. Soak your feet in alternating hot and cold water. Repeat this swelling foot remedy several times throughout the day for best results.
2. Consume Ginkgo biloba extracts, for they strengthen heart and the circulatory system, thereby relieving swelling feet.
3. Put bedstraw herb in a blender and extract the juice. Take 1-2 drops of the tincture daily. The herb has diuretic property. It helps the kidneys to maintain proper fluid balance in body and thus checks swelling of feet.
4. Topical application of horse-chestnut extracts checks varicose-vein induced edema
5. Put 1 teaspoon dried dandelion root in a cup of water and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and drink the tea thrice daily. This relieves swelling feet.
6. Put 1 tablespoon dried nettle leaves in half cup boiling water and steep for 15 minutes. Filter and drink a cup thrice daily. This detoxifies your system and reduces swelling of feet.
7. Intake of barley water reduces swelling of feet.
8. Holding feet under cold running water for 15 minutes before resting gives relief from swelling feet.
9. Mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon milk, 1 and half teaspoon olive oil, few drops of water and a pinch of cinnamon powder to make a paste. Apply the paste on swollen feet to get quick relief.
10. Massage feet with a combination of peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil and lemon oil. Massaging stimulates lymphatic circulation and lessens swelling.
11. Drink rice water in plenty. It improves micro-circulation and reduces feet swelling.
12. Rubbing of sandalwood oil on feet alleviates swelling.
13. Lavender bubble bath followed by a foot massage produces rewarding results.
14. Boil 2-3 tablespoons of coriander seeds in 2 cups of water until it becomes half. Strain and drink the liquid to get rid of swelling feet.
15. A tea tree oil foot soak is an effective home remedy for swelling feet.
Read about effective Home Remedies for Swelling Feet. Also know about Home Remedies for Stretch Marks. Read about Home Remedies for Sunburn.
Created on Jun 23rd 2011 03:23. Viewed 1,805 times.