Steamed Christmas Puddingby Shirley-Ann Pearman Blog Administrator
Recipe was taken from McCall CookBook, the chapter on Desserts and Dessert Sauces, page 299 an edition of between 1950 1960s. The original recipe was Steamed Apple Pudding , but less apples was adde Recommended Features
- Christmas Pudding
- Steamed Christmas Pudding
- Candied fruit
Review on Steamed Christmas PuddingSteamed Christmas Pudding
1 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
cup soft butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
2 pared medium apples, shredded (1 cup)
1 cups dark raisins and mixed candied peels that had been soaking in Bermuda Gosling Black Rum
Light cream (optional)
1. Grease well a 1 quart, heatproof bowl.
2. Into small bowl, sift flour with baking soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
3. In large bowl, with wooden spoon, beat butter, sugar, and eggs until mixture is smooth and light. Stir in apples, along with the raisin and mixed candied peel mixture.
4. Stir flour mixture into the fruit mixture, mixing well; turn into prepared bowl.
5. Cover surface of pudding with double thickness of waxed paper. Cover top of bowl completely with foil; tie edge securely with twine.
6. Place bowl on trivet in large kettle. Pour boiling water around bowl to come halfway up side.
7. Cover kettle; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; boil gently 2 hours.
8. Remove bowl to wire rack; let stand 5 minutes.
9. With spatula, gently loosen edge of pudding from side of bowl. Invert on serving dish. Serve warm, with cream.
Pudding was made and prepared by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Photography by Shirley-Ann Pearman
Recipe was taken from McCall CookBook, the chapter on Desserts and Dessert Sauces, page 299 an edition of between 1950 1960s. The original recipe was Steamed Apple Pudding , but less apples was added and substituted with the raisins and mixed candied peel that I had soaking. However, the pudding was steamed in a pudding mold instead of in a bowl as the recipe notes, but method number 5 remains the same with waxed paper and the pudding mold top instead of the foil.
Pudding is quite delicious.
PDF Version of Steamed Christmas Pudding
PDF Version of Steamed Apple Pudding
Related to Steamed Christmas Pudding
Created on Dec 29th 2011 13:40. Viewed 1,625 times.