Plastic Is Killing Our Environmentby Laura Newton The Water Filter Lady
Individual use of plastic water bottles has become a multi-billion dollar industry. Not only is bottled water much more expensive than tap water, but there is also a serious cost to our planet. Recommended Features
- 1.5 million barrels of oil are used annually to manufacture plastic water bottles.
- 2 million tons of plastic bottles are land filled every year
- Only 1 out of every 10 plastic bottles is recycled.
- Bottled water has to either be pumped out of the ground or treated. Up to 1500 gallons of water are wasted during this process
- It takes 1000 years for a plastic bottle to bio-degrade!
Review on Plastic Is Killing Our EnvironmentIf you eliminate the scourge of bottled water you will be eliminating one of the biggest problems facing our environment. - Captain Charles Moore ~ Algalita Marine research Foundation
Related to Plastic Is Killing Our Environment
tapped, tapped trailer, water, tap water, bottled water, bottles, bottle, plastic, environment, recycling, climate change, pollution, oil, drinking water, health
Tapped is a film that examines the role of the bottled water industry and its effects on our health, climate change, pollution, and our reliance on oil.
Created on Nov 21st 2010 19:52. Viewed 1,928 times.