Interaction between rare earth metals and other elby Izzy X. Product specialist
Rare earth metals have typical metal properties. They have strong chemical activity and can form a variety of compounds, including hydrides, chlorides, silicides, carbides, organic / inorganic salts a Recommended Features
- Rare earth metals are widely used as reducing agents, which can reduce oxides of iron, cobalt, nickel, chromium, vanadium, niobium, tantalum, zirconium, titanium, silicon and other elements into metal
- The behavior of Yttrium and scandium in alloys is similar to that of heavy rare earth metals; the behavior of Ytterbium in magnesium alloys is similar to that of light rare earths.
- Rare earth metals and transition metals (iron, manganese, nickel, gold, silver, copper, zinc) and magnesium, aluminum, gallium, indium, thallium can form many alloys.
- Only tantalum / niobium and tungsten / molybdenum and their alloys have little interaction with rare earth metals.
- Many of these rare earth intermetallic compounds have been widely used in high and new technology with special functions.
Review on Interaction between rare earth metals and other elRare earth metals are unstable in air, and their stability increases with increasing atomic number; in other words, the rare earth metals with larger atomic radius have weaker oxidation resistance; light rare earth metals can be easier oxidized than heavy rare earth metals, and lanthanum is the most active. Lutetium and Scandium are the most resistant to air oxidation.
Rare earth metals are widely used as reducing agents, which can reduce oxides of iron, cobalt, nickel, chromium, vanadium, niobium, tantalum, zirconium, titanium, silicon and other elements into metals. Due to the difference in the reducing ability of rare earth metals, and the vapor pressure of the lanthanum is much smaller than that of Samarium, Europium, Ytterbium and Thulium, Lanthanum (cerium) can be used to reduce europium, europium, europium, europium metal from its oxides. However, the activity of rare earth metals is lower than that of alkali metals and alkaline earth metals, so lithium and calcium are commonly used as reducing agents to reduce rare earth metals from their halides.
Related to Interaction between rare earth metals and other el
Created on Jun 8th 2020 01:37. Viewed 169 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.