Selection of reducing crucible material for Rare Eby Izzy X. Product specialist
Rare earth fluorides, metals and slag have strong chemical activity, so the crucible material used must be resistant to corrosion by halogens and their compounds at high temperatures Recommended Features
- High purity zirconia No higher than 1700 , stable in vacuum and inert atmosphere
- Alumina, Silicon Oxide Reacts with molten metal at high temperatures
- Tantalum Metal Stable in vacuum and inert gas before 1700 , but it has obvious effect with scandium and lutetium
- Niobium Metal 1% -2% dissolved in rare earth metal at 1500 in vacuum and inert gas paper
- Molybdenum Metal Stable before 1400 in inert gas
Review on Selection of reducing crucible material for Rare ETungsten Metal
Slowly corroded at high temperature in an inert atmosphere, but stable to halides
Slow action on rare earth metals, but stable to halides
Stable to cerium at high temperature and halide at 1000
Titanium nitride (70%) + titanium oxide (30%)
More stable than cerium sulfide
It is relatively stable at 1200 . It was used in the village of RECl3-KCl molten salt electrolyzer.
Stable within 1000
Can be used up to 1250
Related to Selection of reducing crucible material for Rare E
Created on Jul 21st 2020 01:41. Viewed 240 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.