Commercial Drivers Plan Updateby Roxanne Whitt
PSP contains most recent 5 years of crash data and 3 years of roadside inspection.CSA 2010 is not something commercial drivers can not react to after the fact.They must be pro-active and get prepared! Recommended Features
- Tragic Accident Representation If you or your spouse is charged with criminal act due to a serious traffic accident, a Commercial Drivers Legal Plan lawyer will defend you in the court .
- Defense of moving violations in the court of original jurisdiction at no added charge to you. Located in the area where you received the ticket.
- DOT And Non-Moving Violations At no added charge, you and your spouse are entitled to defense of citations issued in your motor vehicle.
- License Reinstatement,Property Damage Collection Assistance,Personal Injury Collection Assistance
- All Other Transportation Related Legal Work
Review on Commercial Drivers Plan UpdateMotor carriers, trucking companies, and commercial drivers must have a clear understanding of CSA 2010. CSA 2010 replaces SafeStat with a new Safety Measurement System (SMS) that measures the previous two years of roadside violations and crash data. With SMS, every inspection counts, not just out-of-service violations, and both driver and carrier safety performance are monitored. will affect your driver's driving record and their ability to be employed as a Driver.
The Safety Measurement System (SMS) assesses carriers in each of seven BASICs. Below are the seven BASICS and their corresponding Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) parts:
- Unsafe Driving (CFR Parts 392 & 397)
- Fatigued Driving (Hours-of-Service (HOS)) (CFR Parts 392 & 395)
- Driver Fitness (CFR Parts 383 & 391)
- Controlled Substances/Alcohol (CFR Parts 382 & 392)
- Vehicle Maintenance (CFR Parts 393 & 396)
- Cargo-Related (CFR Parts 392, 393, 397 & Hazardous Materials)
- Crash Indicator (Reportable Crashes)
A drivers violation history impact a carriers Safety Measurement System (SMS) evaluation.
Carriers are evaluated on inspections and crashes associated with their own DOT number, violations that a driver receives while working for a carrier apply to that carriers SMS evaluation.
How serious is the FMCSA's CSA 2010 for truck drivers and trucking companies? There are 275 Violations with 222 of those violations will go against the driver and the carrier.
Motor carriers, trucking companies, and commercial drivers must be pro-active and be prepared!
The Pre-Employment Screening Program (PSP) process - Motor carriers may request, through NIC Technologies, driver information for the purpose of pre-employment screening. The driver must provide written consent. Individual drivers may request their own driver information record at any time.
At a minimum, be familiar with CSA 2010 "PSP" report (inspections/crashes), www.psp.fmcsa.dot.gov, DAC Report; and MVR and Criminal/Infraction Reports.
Take action now!
Related to Commercial Drivers Plan Update
Created on Sep 20th 2010 08:28. Viewed 1,009 times.